All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

(RESOLVED)I need help!!!!!

ilicurtisili

im trying to set up GameEx on my cpu and cant get the roms to work. i XXXXX put each game in its own folder. there is multiple roms for the same game in each folder.

i can only get 1 rom to work at a time, by linking it to the folder the game is in. but it still pulls up multiple of that game.

does anyone know a way to fix this? do i need to delete everything and installthem a different way?

screenshot.bmp

Edited by ilicurtisili
Additionally, please refrain from discussing how you obtained ROMs as that is a violation of forum rules... thanks!

When reporting a possible GameEx bug or error, please ensure you submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini file so we may quickly assist you. Please refer to this link for additional information.

Additionally, please refrain from discussing how you obtained ROMs as that is a violation of forum rules... thanks!

Looks like you extracted wrong. You probably held down the right mouse button, dragged to the new folder, and selected "Extract All Into Seperate Folders"... you want to select "Extract All Here". That will put all the roms in 1 folder.

When reporting a possible GameEx bug or error, please ensure you submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini file so we may quickly assist you. Please refer to this link for additional information.

sorry about that.

Looks like you extracted wrong. You probably held down the right mouse button, dragged to the new folder, and selected "Extract All Into Seperate Folders"... you want to select "Extract All Here". That will put all the roms in 1 folder.

i guess thats what i did. thanks for the help.

how would i go about the multiples that show up?

There shouldn't be multiples, unless you're referring to the different regions. There are different versions of ROMs depending on where it is sourced from, like USA, Europe, Japan, etc. Also, there are different versions based on the version of game, like 1.0, 2.0, etc. You need to go through and get rid of the ones you don't want, or keep them all like I did (too lazy).