All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME PACKS] >>> Gameroom Themes <<<

Krakerman

Maybe some of the other guys can chime in? It's almost like the popeye theme is being displayed at the wrong resolution.

With this theme you can't have Last played or Most played enabled either. You did mention you were running this on a TV or monitor that does or doesn't support 1920x1080?

Hi Krak,

> I've set Show Last Played and Random/Most Played to "no"

> I've changed my monitor resolution to 1280x720. As a result it's forced into a 4:3 scale. Looks pretty good. I also have a television which supports 1920x 1080 but the TV isn't hooked up to my computer. But forcing my monitor resolution to 1280x720 does have a good outcome. Please see below.

Result:

1) Below is a screenshot of the first screen I get after I have choosen the M.A.M.E. menu option:

post-10451-0-44420000-1364811655_thumb.j

2) Below is a screenshot of the screen I get after I hit enter at the previous screen (see 1.)

post-10451-0-96923300-1364811768_thumb.j

Remaining questions:

See first screenshot [first screen after I choose the M.A.M.E. menu option]

> I'd like the "Get MetaData" option to not be visible. Can't seem to find that option in the setup wizard.

> The weird snap in the right top corner is still there ;(

See second screenshot [screen I get after hitting enter at the previous screen]

Actually this screen is what it should look like: no image snap in the top right corner and no "Get MetaData" option showing.

I don't know how your setup works, but looking at these results GameEx should maybe skip the previous screen and immediately go to this second screen after having choosen the M.A.M.E. menu option. GameEx showing the gametheme screen twice is not how it should work anyway I think. What do you think?

(I've set "Enable media controls" to -no- under "Audio settings" > controls are still visible ? ; see both screenshots)

Hope to hear from you. :)

GC

Hi GC, i might have noticed something - it may be nothing, but it seems from glancing at it that you have a rogue empty menu in your CustomMenu.ini:

[ROOT]Title=MameItem_1=1,Mame,3,MAMEItem_2=Item_3=Item_4=Item_5=Item_6=Item_7=[MENU_2]       }THISTITLE=ARCADE   Item_1=Item_2=Item_3=        }BIT

This might be causing the weird "seeing the same screen twice" thing. Try commenting-out that whole section to see what happens. I may be way off here lol but it can't hurt to try right ;)

@ DazzleHP and Krakerman: I've deleted my rogue empty menu in my CustomMenu.ini and have set "Hide Toolbar" to Always Hide and "Show Buttons" to No.

Unfortunately I get the same results. See screenshots:

first screen after I choose the M.A.M.E. menu option

post-10451-0-56591000-1364927411_thumb.j

screen I get after hitting enter at the previous screen

post-10451-0-76804800-1364927446_thumb.j

I hope you or anyone has any other ideas how to solve my issues (see 'remaining questions' under #303) and to actually let GameEx skip the first screen I get ;)

I've uploaded my up-to-date config-files. Maybe this will help :)

Thanks,

GC

GameEx.ini

CustomMenu.ini

log.txt

M.A.M.E..ini

What happens when you press enter a 3rd time does it run the game?

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with you running the theme at a different resolution on your monitor where this theme was designed for 1920x1080 displays. Just a thought .... I was looking over your configs and everything seems fine unless I overlooked something. I was comparing them with mine.

Is anyone else having issues setting up my Gameroom theme?

Hi Krak and others who can possibly help me ;) ,

unfortunately I haven't solved the issues I get when implementing the gameroom-theme. (Krak: I've tried it on a laptop with a widescreen resolution and that gave the same issues)

I've added some more gamethemes and these are my results:

1) GameEx is creating some sort of weird "gamesnap - menu" in the right top corner. See screenshot below (the screen I get after choosing "Mame" on the startpage):

post-10451-0-74921600-1365102136_thumb.j

2) When I hit enter I get the screenshot below:

post-10451-0-87833700-1365102210_thumb.j

3) Screen 2 would be the screen I want when choosing "Mame" on the startpage and GameEx should skip screen 1. But...> I cannot select another game when I'm in the second screen. When i push "arrow down" on my keyboard I'm not getting the next game but the screenshot below. Unfortunately another issue :(

post-10451-0-48983800-1365102356_thumb.j

I really like the gameroom-theme and i'd really like to use it for my setup but at this point I'm getting to much "errors".

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

GC

(my up to date config-files are attached)

GameEx.ini

log.txt

CustomMenu.ini

theme.ini

M.A.M.E..ini

Hi Krak and everybody wanting to implement the Gameroom-theme!

I really like the Gameroom-theme with all the individual gameroom-themes :)

Trying to implement it I ran into a couple of "errors". With help of Krak I could already solve a lot of errors. I've now fully reviewed my gameex.ini and tried a lot (I mean a lot) of variables to test the outcome when running Krak's theme. Finally I've been able to solve everything ! :D

> To give something back to the community from which I already received a lot here is a explanation how I have succesfully setup Krak's theme and a summary of the problems I ran into and a solution to solve each problem. I hope I can help somebody who is possibly running into the same kind of problems.

Initial setup
To test the Gameroom-theme I've made use of a clean setup. Just Mame. I always use a custom menu setup. I just like the clean menu structure. No unnecessary items.

First important thing to remember when using the Gameroom theme > You cannot make use of the default Mame setup in GameEx. You have to setup Mame as a seperate emulator. Below are the two screenshots of my setup of Mame.

post-10451-0-98636900-1365274224_thumb.j

post-10451-0-69820600-1365274248_thumb.j

See second screenshot > you have to add a mapfile so GameEx shows your games when using the gameroom-theme. See post #289 for a example mapfile to download. When you want to add games you just have to edit this mapfile in a text editor or make use of Adultery and Tempest tools. Also make sure the extension (*rar) is the same as the rom filter (see screenshot 1)

1) Startpage of Gameroom theme

post-10451-0-83867200-1365274282_thumb.j

So far so good....

2) The screen I get after choosing "Mame" on the startpage

post-10451-0-69419500-1365274305_thumb.j

First problems
> GameEx is creating some sort of weird "gamesnap - menu" in the right top corner.
> I'd like the "Get MetaData" option to not be visible.

3) The screen I get after I hit enter at the previous screen

post-10451-0-78861800-1365274329_thumb.j

Actually this screen is what it should look like: no image snap in the top right corner and no "Get MetaData" option
showing.

But.....:
> GameEx showing the gametheme screen twice is not how it should work. It should work like this: choose Mame in startmenu / choose a game(theme) / go in-game
> I cannot select another game when I'm at this screen. When i push "arrow down" on my keyboard I'm not getting the
next game but the screenshot below. Unfortunately another issue:

post-10451-0-41501800-1365274352_thumb.j

*** Now up to the solutions.... :)

I had to change my gameex.ini to achieve the correct setup.

a. change ShowGameInfoPage from True to False

Result: after having choosen Mame in the startmenu I get the screen under 2) and go in-game when hitting enter. So GameEx is not showing the gametheme screen twice anymore.

...Poblems to solve: get rid of weird game-snap menu and "Get MetaData" option

b. change HideCreateSnaps from False to True

Result: the "Get MetaData" option is no longer there :)

...Problem to solve: get rid of weird game-snap menu

c. Change displayimagelist from 1 to False

Explanation: as I have mentioned in the "Initial setup" I have setup Mame as a seperate emulator.
Mame is my "3-rd" seperate emulator. See screenshot below:

post-10451-0-87736000-1365276344_thumb.j

Nes and Steam are not enabled right now.

Look up your emulator setup in the gameex.ini - file. Mine was on the very end of the file and was called: [list_SETTINGS_20_EMU_3]

Change displayimagelist=1 to displayimagelist=False

Result: weird game-snap menu is gone and everything is working as it should :)

I want to thank Krak for all his help and I hope this will help somebody who is possibly running into the same issues.

Thanks,

GC

------------
* I've added my up-to-date gameex.ini for those interested

** The Gameroom-theme is initially made for 1920x1080 resolution. If you for example want to test it on a 17 inch 4x3 monitor you have to keep in mind to change your resolution to widescreen. For example from 1280x1024 to 1280x768. This will prevent having black bars on top and bottom of the gametheme-screen

GameEx.ini

• Like 1

It took awhile but glad you got it running so you can enjoy the themes! ;)

I know my Gameroom theme is a bit more challenging to setup but as you have seen the results you get are well worth it I do believe. Thanks for hanging in there while we got it setup on your system. Try adding in the Arcade Ambiences (mp4) to the theme to give you more of an arcade feel to the interface. :)

Thank you guys!

I will use this theme for my 1920x1080 HD tv setup :)

@ KRAK: for my - yet to build - cab I will use a 4:3 screen (I presume the most common scale ?) and I was wondering if a 4:3 variant of the gameroom-theme and individually gamethemes can be easily created? That would be very cool. This style of theme is perfect for an arcade cab :)

Cya,
GC

Finally getting my system back to normal as it's been down a few days. The usual boot error when I turned it on ... oh well gave me time to re-format and clean up all the crap on the HD. Good thing for backup's!

Anyways I re-did the Liberator, Pong and Yie Ar Kung-Fu themes and added a few new ones! :D

• Like 1