All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME PACKS] >>> Gameroom Themes <<<

Krakerman

We should have a seperate thread for bezels, but my bezels aren't just for the Gameroom theme. They are just for MAME in general. Considered Custom Bezels that's all. I will start a new thread when I get a chance to make some new ones. Tonight I'm busy watching the NCAA as I'm typing this so I prob won't get much done. :P

Yes!!!!! Buckeyes in the Elite 8 :D :D

@GimmeClassics Well my Gameroom theme installs like every other theme however what seperates mine from the rest is the ability to implement individual game themes and to do that you just create a folder (ex. MAME_THEMES) then unzip all the MAME theme packs in that folder. Now you will have to (Important!!) Setup MAME as a seperate emulator and not thru MAME Settings in the Setup Wizard. Once you do that Set the Box Art Path to your MAME_THEMES folder or whatever you named it. I have created a Gameroom Map file for myself reason being is that all the MAME game themes are using the rom names and to have all the themes be in correct Alphabetical order you need to create a map file. I have not posted my Gameroom map file since it is a work in progress, but it is currently up to date thou. If you guys need it I can post it but you can easily create one yourself using Adultery's Map File Maker or Tempest Map File Magician and point to that map file in your emulator setting.

My theme uses the Box Art to display the theme so the only paths you need to set is Image Snap, Video Snap and Box Art. For the Console systems I am actually working on a new project for displaying all the media art/commercials/instructions for each game.

Hope that helps at all.

Hello Krakerman,

I am now using the Blue Neon theme and I have 2 questions when I will implement your gameroom-theme and game specific themes.

1) see picture below:

post-10451-0-26394200-1364648760_thumb.j

Question: I guess this menu also exists in your gameroom-theme? You can still select > All Mame Games / Last Mame game etc....?

2) see picture below:

post-10451-0-36016700-1364648857_thumb.j

Question a: When I use your game-specific themes will I no longer have the menu structure in the above picture with a textlist of games (and icons) ?

Question b: When I select "All Mame Games" using your theme will GameEx immediately show a mamegame with the gametheme you created for that game? How do you select individual Mame-games > do you have to scroll through your games with one game(theme) per screen?

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

GC

1) No ... Those menus are not used/displayed since MAME is setup as a seperate emulator and when you create a Custom Menu for MAME it will go right into your Game Themes however it is possible to create Custom menu with Catagories. It can get a bit more involved trying to explain it but it is possible as I have been working on implementing something like that on my system.

2) This theme does not use text based list as a means to display your game listing. In a sense it does but you don't see it as it's hidden from view you just see the themes as you scroll thru the list. When you scroll thru the games it only displays the Game Themes.

If you are wanting a text based list in your themes then you don't want to use my theme. My theme is pretty straight forward by just displaying a text list to choose your system then it goes right to each game theme for whatever system you choose MAME, Atari 2600, Sega Genesis ect ect. I personally find it much more clean type of interface for showcasing your systems/games.

When you are in your game themes you can still skip thru the list by pressing a letter on the keyboard. Ex. If you are in MAME and you want to got the P's then just press P and it will skip right to the first game in the P's.

Hello Krakerman,

I've tried to implement your theme but I can't get it to work :(

My setup:

1) I created a Custom Menu with just Mame as a menu-option

See screenshots below for my Custom Menu setup and my Emulator setup in the GameEx Setup Wizard.

For my emulator setup I've used the paths you mentioned.

post-10451-0-92083700-1364729097_thumb.j

post-10451-0-46282400-1364730286_thumb.j

2) Using the above settings I get the following results in GameEx:

a. My first menu only exists of Mame. Working so far. See screenshot:

post-10451-0-27551500-1364729239_thumb.j

b. For testing purposes I have only added Popeye as a ROM. I've added the snap, video and gametheme in the specific folders. (paths mentioned in the second screenshot)

Question 1: Unfortunately I do not get your popeye-theme full screen with the video in the black square after I've choosen "Mame" in the menu. I've hit the "Change View" buttom very often. That didn't help. What am I doing wrong?

See screenshot for one of the views I'm getting:

post-10451-0-54551000-1364729602_thumb.j

Question 2: I cannot choose the option "Update list" anymore. How does that work when I add more games?

Hope to hear from you :)

Thanks,

GC

'Update List' is not used/available with this theme. Attached is a map file for you that you can use to test popeye out on. Install it in your GameEx/Map Files folder. Then select it under your MAME emulator settings that you created. For the text at the top you need to disable the create view option so your text aligns up correctly as well.

The map file needs to be updated for all your mame games as well as you add them. This is similar to the functionality to the 'Update List' as it adds your games to be displayed and allows you to put them in Alphabetical order. Like I mentioned previously you can manually edit the map file using a text editor or use Adultery and Tempest tools that they made.

Also make sure you have a copy of bak.png (located in your GameEx/Themes/Gameroom/Media folder) installed in the GameEx/Themes/Default - Default/Media folder also as it will use this to display when switching between your MAME game themes. Make a backup of that file before doing it as it will overwrite that image so you can revert back to that theme later if you decide to.

Let me know if that helps at all. ;)

Note: I did notice your MAME command line is different than I have seen before. Here is what I use if it matters:

mame64.exe "[ROMPath]\[RomFile]"

If your command line works then don't change it. I use *.zip for my Rom Filter also. I noticed yours is blank. Also just FYI the GameEx Logo's aren't used with this theme as you can leave it blank if you choose. Also make sure to leave the Custom Background setting blank also. You can disable the media controls in GameEx if you like as the theme doesn't use them as well but not required it just looks better, but maybe for the future I will create custom Media bar for the theme for those that choose to have it.

Make sure you installed the Droid Serif font as well!

Hi Krakerman,

first of all: thank you for all your help so far !! :)

Probably because of me - being noobish - I still haven't got your theme working as it should:

1) I've put the MAP-file in my GameEx\Map Files - folder

2) I've set the path to the MAP-file in the "Advanced Emulator Setup" section

3) I've set "Hide Change View" to yes in the "Enable / Disable Features" section

4) When I downloaded your theme there were three folders: Fonts, Framework and GameEx

a. Fonts

> I've put The DroidSerif-Regular.ttf in the main ..GameEx\THEMES\Gameroom - folder and installed it.

b. GameEx

> All the files in the GameEx\Gameroom folder I copied to ..GameEx\THEMES\Gameroom

> The three files in the GameEx\Default-Default\MEDIA folder I copied to both ..GameEx\THEMES\Gameroom\MEDIA and ..GameEx\THEMES\Default-Default\MEDIA

c. Framework (don't know where to put these files ?)

5) I've changed the MAME Command line to: mame64.exe "[ROMPath]\[RomFile]"

6) Custom Background is blank

7) I've set "Enable media controls" to -no- under "Audio settings" (this had no effect; controls are still visible ? ; see screenshot)

8) I've set the Rom filter to *.rar (my rom-files are rar ; is this any problem with your theme ? )

Unfortunately I still do not get your popeye-theme full screen with the video in the black square after I've choosen "Mame" in the menu. See screenshot:

post-10451-0-05262600-1364772584_thumb.j

I hope you can help me out again ;)

Thanks!

GC

Put this in your GameEx/Themes/Gameroom folder. Now in your Custom Menu make sure you select the M.A.M.E under your Item/Menu Properties.

Also under your MAME setting make the Start Page: M.A.M.E as well as Tilte Text: M.A.M.E

You can just copy and paste the text in my M.A.M.E.ini into yours if you want to.

I copied you M.A.M.E.ini to the GameEx/Themes/Gameroom folder. I chose replace file.

I've also changed my resolution.

See screenshot of my Custom Menu setup. I've choosen Mame under Item/Menu Properties. This is corresponding with my Mame Emulator Setup. I do not know how to specificaly select M.A.M.E ?

post-10451-0-18716000-1364774686_thumb.j

I tested GameEx again with these setting but it didn't help. :mellow:

GC

EDIT: in my custom menu setup I've changed Start Page to M.A.M.E as well as Tilte Text to M.A.M.E (see new screenshot)

Screenshot 1:

This is the result after I have choosen the M.A.M.E. menu option.

As you see > black bars on top and bottom and weird enough a snapshot of popeye in the right top corner ?

post-10451-0-80579600-1364776592_thumb.j

Screenshot 2:

This is the result I get after I have choosen the M.A.M.E. menu option AND hit enter on the first popey game theme screen.

So I get the popeye game theme screen twice before it's going "in-game" ?

post-10451-0-51395100-1364776615_thumb.j