All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Custom menu / game list creation

Venomouse

Not sure if this is possible, Basically I want to assign specific control profiles to specific games, Ie you run mario kart, it loads a classic gamepad type layout by default, mario party on wii uses wii controller layout etc...

Am I right to think that perhaps the work around would be to simply create 4 copies of the emu, all with seperate controls then constrain the game to open with that particular install only.

Edit * sorry the question....if I'm on the right path is there something specific in gameex I need to set per game, and if so how.

I think that may be extreme. Just from searching about I found that this had been a feature request about 2-3 years ago. Not sure if it was implemented within Dolphin, however. Have you checked through the Dolphin emu forum to see if this is possible natively within?

official reply :

No, i dont think its possible, all you can do is create a controller profile for each game and save it and load the profile before launching the game.

ext step I guess Ill look at writing a custom script?

I assume I create a menu called WII etc, create the database file and edit it manually for each game.

That's a bummer. I just found out (now that I have my new kick ass gfx card) that Dolphin running at super highres works and looks awesome for Gamecube Super Mario Sunshine, but playing Alien Hominid at those high res settings gets a black screen with only audio working. This would be useful for these cases. Keep us posted if you find anything out...

Okies, anyone got the details on where I can find the menu / customisation..

ie I would prefer to put Wii games in one menu (some would be be run with install #1 of dolphin and some with #2) and gamecube in one menu

Where is the xml, ini etc file kept I could edit that contains the current game database?

( I'm aware of the tutorial here: )

But im not sure if this will help me acomplish my goal...

eg create a menu time call Wii, from there have all the games listed, where they can be launched (and list file edited to say what install / emu to load for certain games)

cheers

V

Any reason you couldn't simply configure this as two (or possibly 3) separate emulator slots? Going that route you would simply separate the disc images associated with each emulator slot into separate directories. Here's the way I see this going (where each bullet is a separate emulator slot):

• Wii Slot #1 - points at a directory containing only those disc images associated with Wii slot # 1
  • Wii Slot #2 - points at a directory containing only those disc images associated with Wii slot #2
  • Gamecube slot - self expanitory

Once you get the above all set up you can use the Emulator Group feature to combine slots #1 and #2 (the Wii slots) into a single game list.

You shouldn't have to modify DB settings at all for this as the databases only contain metadata related to individual games, not how they are grouped in GameEx.

• Like 2

• Wii Slot #1 - points at a directory containing only those disc images associated with Wii slot # 1
  • Wii Slot #2 - points at a directory containing only those disc images associated with Wii slot #2
  • Gamecube slot - self expanitory

Once get the above all set up you can use the Emulator Group feature to combine slots #1 and #2 (the Wii slots) into a single game list.

May i also add that once you have the Wii Group setup, then you can use that group to create a Custom Menu for it ;) if you eventually want custom menus.

Glad it worked out for you man! Emulator groups are awesome. I use them for N64 and PlayStation where different emulators have varying levels of compatibility depending on the game. GameEx FTW!

Edited by nullPointer
This thread is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.