All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Theme Editor Questions...

headkaze

Have to agree. I use them because I like the additional control in ordering my system, but have had no problems when I disable them. The only time I have seen anything amiss is when someone is trying to make the system work contrary to its design.

My point was, with standard/non custom menus then there's the potential for multiple images of the emu logo appearing on the screen at once if you're missing multiple pieces of art.

Anyway - I'm noticing a new dialog with the most recent update. It comes up as a grey box across the bottom of the screen when starting and, of the text I can read, it says something like 'Downloaded NES art' or something similar. Wondering what that is, if it's skinnable, etc.

Not skinable except for theme font. You can disable that via the Setup Wizard. Tom added, with cooperation of Emu Movies, the ability to automatically scan and download the image paths to download missing ROM titles and snaps free of charge up to the max daily limt for a free account.

i think it would be nice to have random bezels in GameEx.

It is not to hard to do this i think. Before GameEx starts, it should look in a choosen folder, randomly pick a Bezel and make it the default in GameEx. Additionally it would be even greater, if you choose to use MAME artworkbezels and there is no one for a particular game, that GameEx would choose a random one. This is a harder task i think ;) .

Plugin-guys.... i count on you :D

i think it would be nice to have random bezels in GameEx.

It is not to hard to do this i think. Before GameEx starts, it should look in a choosen folder, randomly pick a Bezel and make it the default in GameEx. Additionally it would be even greater, if you choose to use MAME artworkbezels and there is no one for a particular game, that GameEx would choose a random one. This is a harder task i think ;) .

Plugin-guys.... i count on you :D

There is Tempest's Randomizer plugin that works well for this request.

• Like 2

Not skinable except for theme font. You can disable that via the Setup Wizard. Tom added, with cooperation of Emu Movies, the ability to automatically scan and download the image paths to download missing ROM titles and snaps free of charge up to the max daily limt for a free account.

Ok, figured that's what it was. Was hoping to just put it into the normal dialog format or something...

Thanks!

Is it possible, and if so what's the naming convention, for logo's for custom MAME menu/lists? (The logo shown in the main MAME list for that item/sub-list, basically).

ANSWER: Yes. Use the exact same name as the Custom MAME game list. Spaces should be included AS spaces. Also, these graphics can be 'hot added' as some other items are. GameEx has to be restarted for them to appear.

• 2 weeks later...

Im currently experimenting with custom emulator layouts and when Im adjusting the objects in the current screen, its not showing my background that I made for the custom emulator layout. Is there a way to make the background show so I can adjust the pieces properly?

Ive attached a screen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Can be an .avi or .mp4 format animated background. Whatever background file you want it to provide for must be the same name as the _bak.png file it is meant to replace (i.e. start_bak.png is the default Start background file. If replacing it, then the file name would be start_bak.avi or start_bak.mp4). You will save the animation file in the same location as the other media files for background and foreground (\gameex\themes\your theme name\media ).

Thanks! In the Abyss theme is in this way indeed. But i wanted to know specifically how obtain the same effect of the flickering background in the Giga_Drive_SD theme. It seems to me that there isn't an avi or mp4 file in the media folder nevertheless background is animated.

Is it only a my impression that the themeeditor.exe, included in the gameex download, isnt complete? I can't understand how some themes are been made.

• 2 weeks later...

How can I rotate video in GE? I'm setting up a pincab, my mame vid snaps look good but my pinball vids are all rotated (as is tradition for pincabs...) I tried transform ccw 90. No luck. Rotating outside GE gave me black bars on sides (kept 16:9 instead of 9:16).

thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I'm creating my own theme customized for my arcade cabinet, but I want something like arcade84, where when you are selecting mame roms you have the menu on the lower right displaying each option one below the other, and not in a bar one after another. I don't know how to change it in the theme editor.

And when I tried, the dafult view was not the one I was looking on the editor, and I had to change view several times to show what I was doing on the theme editor. Is there any way to choose how many views are available of your skin, or at least fix it so only one's available and set it to default theme's view?

• 11 months later...

Can you create a custom background for your own custom lists within the Mame subcategories? I have a high score games custom list that Adultery set up and I am just wondering if I can set up a nice background with my score initials and gameex login id. Also, it'd be really cool to make specific backgrounds for vertical, horizontal, 4 player games, etc. Then I could make a 4 player background for that list with TMNT, NBA Jam, etc. artwork....

• 1 month later...

Hi.

How do I add images to the gamelist? Like image1, image2 etc. I would like a really simple theme for my NES list.

In some of the themes it only shows for example the video snap, and in another both video and titlescreen.

I would like to add box and cart to also show up when browsing the list.

But I can't find any way to add anything at all in the Theme editor. I can move around the stuff that's already there, and that's it.

Im going nuts :blink:

It is really appreciated if anyone can help.

Regards Skirner