All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Question about recent update

MNMax21

I just pushed through the last few updates to gameex. I was in the process of painting my cab for about 2 weeks and nothing was connected, as to not get paint on everything. I updated everything when I got the equipment back inside. The program is still working great, so I don't think it's a bug or anything. I just have noticed now that at the beginning launch of gameex, my screen flickers a bit and goes black a couple times for maybe a second at most. I actually almost like it, as it brings the feeling of an arcade starting up in the old days. I'm just wondering if this is a known addition or just something I'm dealing with.

i have the same experience, but only on my cab. maybe a reoslution switching thing, which maybe is not a GameEx only related thing.

also i have never seen a fluent intro animation start (where the GameEx logo zooms in), not on my cab and not on my PC.

ok i have a huge collection and the loading databases could be a issue, but then the intro should be handled in a other way, just my opinion.

@u-man: check to see that you do not have "Skip Intro" disabled under "Enable/DIsable Features" and "Start Page Zoom animation" under "Display Settings" disabled in your Setup Wizard.

@MNMax21 and u-man: I agree with nullPointer. Please submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini file so we may take as look. Refer to this link for additional information as to where to find these if you are not aware already.

Sorry Draco, I'm aware of the log thing and that's my bad. I guess I'm just not sure it was an action that lead me to believe there was an issue with GameEx, although it hadn't happened before. Since we have one more with the screen flicker, i'll get my files posted. I'm on the tail end of four dog watch shifts, so if its not up tonight I will get it up Sunday. Thanks!

Indeed... I use 2 Screens for the Cab, as I am on a setup-route here and not finished with this. Arcade Resolution is not a easy handling on Windows ;).

It is the same here, i got work to do, but I am sure I can post something tommorow... and I will.

@u-man: check to see that you do not have "Skip Intro" disabled under "Enable/DIsable Features" and "Start Page Zoom animation" under "Display Settings" disabled in your Setup Wizard.

Just to be sure... you mean I should disable the Intro at all? It is not so annoying for me, it is just something I realized. But maybe I will try this setting for the Cab ;).

Just that these are two settings for you to look at. Personally, I have disabled the Zoom Intro setting but have the Skip Intro setting disabled. This allows for crisper video playback if you are using an intro video without the logo zoom following.