All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

ROM issues

Darccide4Life

Hi and welcome to the forums Darccide4Life!

I gotta tell you, the information you’ve provided isn’t much to go on. You seem to be equating the roms with the emulator itself which isn’t the case at all (any more than an emulator can be equated to a frontend). It sounds like you may have gotten bad rom dump(s), or that alternately you may even have a hardware issue going on (it is very strange that you’re experiencing the same problem with completely unrelated emulators). I would even lean more towards a hardware issue than anything else TBH.

Perhaps if you wouldn’t mind elaborating a bit regarding your issue, we can be of more assistance. Also please be advised that discussion about acquiring roms and where to find them is strictly forbidden (not that you were going there, I figured I’d just mention it in advance). :)

Thank you nullPointer.

The roms have always worked fine for as long as I have had them (2009). It only happens on 1 computer, my other computers are fine. When I load the rom, the cursor on the main menu of the game that highlights 1 player, 2 player, Exhibition Game, Etc. scrolls up by itself, like the d-pad arrow is stuck. I have reset it, re-mapped the buttons and switched from controller to keyboard and it continues to happen. Again, it only happens on 1 particular computer, but other roms work great.

When reporting a possible GameEx bug or error, please ensure you submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini file so we may quickly assist you. Please refer to this link for additional information. It is possible that there may be an issue with the gameex.ini file on the affected computer. You may want to provide a copy from one of your unaffected computers as a side-by-side comparison. Thanks!