All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Member of the Month

nullPointer

GameEx Member of the Month

I believe the community we have here represents the best of the best in terms of forums dedicated to emulation. The strength of our community is and always has been built upon the strength of our user base. I assert that we’ve got some of the best forum members anywhere in the world of emulation. I am continually amazed by the creativity, ingenuity, and knowledge of our users here.

The forum staff and elite membership would like to introduce a new GameEx Member of the Month feature as a means of saying Thank You to those members who go the extra mile in terms of contributions to the community. Contributions can consist of anything that helps to make this one of the best emulation based forums around. Sharing knowledge is every bit as valid as sharing a sweet new theme. So getting on with it then:

Past Member of the Month Honorees

Congratulations to all GameEx Member of the Month Honorees past and present! A red date (mm/yy) indicates that this member is not eligible for Member of the Month nomination during the current month in accordance with the rules of the award.

How Does This Work?

Each month a GameEx forum member who has made noteworthy contributions over the course of the preceding month will be highlighted in this thread. The Member of the Month citation will be based upon thoughtful analysis and thorough review by Elites, Moderators, and Administrators (seriously we bought smoking jackets, brandy snifters, and monocles specifically for the occasion. Typical interjections during the discussion will include but not be limited to, “Quite right!”, “Good show old chap!”, and “Oh bugger, we’re out of Old Milwaukee!”). The current plan is that a new Member of the Month will be posted on the first Saturday of each month. In the spirit of fairness and equal opportunity for recognition, the reigning Member of the Month will be not eligible for Member of the Month consideration again for a period of three months.

Just to confirm; this is not a contest. There are no winners or losers. Quality contributions mean that we all win! Let’s make this something fun and positive. Member of the Month is intended as a means of showing gratitude to our fantastic membership, and celebrating those among us who go above and beyond the call of duty.

What the Future Holds

The GameEx Member of the Month feature is being retired. We had a good run of it, and it was fun while it lasted, but we are discontinuing the Member of the Month feature. We love our membership, and are always ecstatic regarding our member contributions, but will no longer be featuring a member of the month, Thanks so much to all that participated! Having said that, please don't be shy in recognizing the members of our community that make a difference. You might just make someone's day! :D

• Like 1

Old Milwaukee? Really? Lol!

Surely you’re not disparaging this fine part of Wisconsin’s cultural legacy? :D

Aside: I was about to start espousing the virtues of Schmidt (affectionately referred to as “that animal beer” in these parts, due to their long running motif of can embellishment), but I was too busy laughing about this (appearing right under their age verification):

Not 21 Yet?

Hang on to your youth while you can. We'll be around when you're ready.

Which seriously, they may as well have just said what they meant:

Are you still a sniveling little baby?

Run on home to your mommy then. We’ll keep a can on ice for when you decide to grow up. Pansy.

So any hoo … yeah … Member of the Month! Woo hoo!