All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] auto update not working

Orlin

HI there, for some reason my auto update is not working.

This happened the last update and i was hoping it was a bug, so i just re-install GameEX to update. Now the same thing happened again with the release of the new update today, so i thought i would report it.

Here is my Game.ini file: GameEx.ini

Thee's a setting on the Enable/Disable Features screen called Enable Auto GameEx Update. Currently you GameEx.ini shows that you have this set to Ask me If I want the update (Default). I'm curious what happens if you change that setting to Install updates at startup. This may help to indicate whether there is a problem with the "Ask me ..." setting, or whether there is something else on your machine preventing GameEx from connecting to the internet for the purposes of updating (i.e. firewall software or some other outside interference).

Edit: Started this reply before Draco had posted. He may also be on to something. ;)

Thee's a setting on the Enable/Disable Features screen called Enable Auto GameEx Update. Currently you GameEx.ini shows that you have this set to Ask me If I want the update (Default). I'm curious what happens if you change that setting to Install updates at startup. This may help to indicate whether there is a problem with the "Ask me ..." setting, or whether there is something else on your machine preventing GameEx from connecting to the internet for the purposes of updating (i.e. firewall software or some other outside interference).

Edit: Started this reply before Draco had posted. He may also be on to something. ;)

Right, i change it to Install update at startup and it did not make any difference.

In looking at your log file, GameEx is installed on your D: drive? I think the update may be looking for it on your C: drive.

Yeah i have it on my 2nd internal drive, because my C: drive is a SSD and with the way the steam snaps/video/wrappers and do on are downloaded and store in the GameEX dir, it would soon fill my 128GB SSD, so i had to install it on my 2nd internal 1TB HHD.

So i take it, this could very well be the problem then?

You did but didn't.. LOL! Different issue but same SSD drive per the change Steam Media Drive thread here. I am going to edit the topic to elevate to Tom and Ben's attention to see if this may be the issue.

Judging by your other thread, this looks like its due to an expired or expiring registration. Please contact me directly by email if you think there is some kind of problem with registration.

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.