All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How to make one big "arcade" section with several emulator? Vol.2

Gus

Sorry guys, we shouldn't have closed my previous topic so quickly.

I've made a group emulator, containing:

MAME (working fine)

Zinc (activated just after mame menu, roms in mame rom dir, working fine)

Model2 (activated just after zinc menu, roms in mame rom dir, working fine)

Daphne (activated just after model2 menu, roms in daphne rom dir, not working)

Model3 (created as emulator N°1, working fine)

My group config is: 0;1000;1

Any games from daphne won't work, got a strange bug,

Here is the log when I open gameex, try to launch "dragons lair" and exit gameex.

log.txt

Edit Question 2: how can I put zinc and model2 roms in an another directory than mame roms dir?

Question 2: you can't unless you set it up as its own emu (I don't think GameEx supports multiple MAME ROM directories).

That's a Direct X error. Your DAPHNE works outside of GameEx? If it does, does it work outside of the emulator group?

Daphne work fine outside of gameex, with daphneloader.

daphne also work inside of gameex if I go in "emulated games/laserdisc games"

but as soon as I go in my "arcade" emulator group and try to launch a daphne game, that doesn't work, and I get the error you see in the log.

I have tried deactivating Daphne support (just to see) and there is no more Daphne. (pretty normal)

So I have reactivated Daphne support, and now I don't have my "ARCADE" group anymore.

My group is still active in gameex wizard, but there is no more arcade group on start page (neither than in emulated games)

What I've done? :(

Howdy, I don't know how much this will help but I've had all my MAME and Daphne games together under a single group called "Arcade" located on the start page for a while now. The thing is that I did it quite a long time ago before I used the wizard setup tool. I remember using something that isn't included with the newer versions of GameEx. It was a text document and you listed which emulators to combine and which games to list. I can't find it now and the odd thing is it still works but the setup is not in the wizard under emulator groups. If someone can help jog my memory as to what/where this grouping setup is located I could post a copy.

Hi Gus

The MAME Emu mapping feature is something that's been in GameEx for a long time (first appearing in GameEx 9.95). Essentially this allows you to create an "Arcade Games" section rather than having evrything broken out by individual emulator. Pretty neat stuff!

If you're interested in exploring this functionality I'd recommend having a look at Mame Emu Mapping Magician (written by our very own Tempest). You don't even need to download any additional software; you already have it! ;) Check out:

Start Menu > All Programs > GameEx > Configuration > MAME Emu Maps

The guide I linked above will be your best guide for using the software (along with the numerous tool tips that appear in the app). Good luck Gus!

Thank you nullpointer,

If I have a good understanding of MAME Emu mapping, this feature allow you to launch a game emulated in MAME with an other emulator of your choice.

But what if the game is not emulated by MAME?

Can I add a model3 games emulated by supermodel and not present in MAME for exemple?

You still have to have the emulator installed for the system that the ROM is required (hence why you have to select an emulator from the drop down menu). The author (Tempest) might be the best one to give additional clarification and answers to your questions.