All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MAME Sorting

Krakerman

Is there a way to disable or implement a way to disable the sorting features for MAME in GameEx Tom? I want to be able to get rid of the: By Date, By Manufacturer ect ect...

Or even to create our own images for that button/options so each one could be created using a png file. That way we could possibly move each one around on the screen to make our interfaces look even more customized.

If not then oh well just a thought! I got the idea from looking at Arcade Legends cabinets and seeing how it's menu looked.

A feature request was submitted for this (by yours truly) to assign logo files to reflect each category. I believe that someone may also have made a request to be able to toggle those search options as well. I would recommend a post in the Feature & Enhancement Requests thread.

I just figured out how to remove them :P

Goto setup wizard ... Text/Language ... go down to By Name, By Manufacturer and By Catagory and delete the text in the box and leave it blank. Do that for each one and then those options wont display under MAME anymore. :D

Or anything else... it's probably still there but just a blank label in the field, no? You're essentially sending an empty string to the label. That can be problematic if you click a phantom on accident?

Or you talking about the list and not the nav bar?

Well depends on the theme you create. You can always leave it in but in my case I don't want them so those 3 items I removed as they don't work with my theme and take up to much real estate. No other part of GameEx uses these option that I have found. To bring it back you just put the name back in it's that easy but for my themes I'm leaving it out.