All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

BBQ Ribs Anyone??

thurmansevolution

Hello!! :)

I thought I would share this for any of y'all BBQ lovers out there...

Yesterday, I bbq'ed some baby back ribs, and grilled some usual burgers and dogs. What made yesterday special was that it was my first time using the 2-zone technique (out of all the times of usual "grilling"), and the whole dinner was a major sucess!! The ribs were so good, I swear I could see into the future!! lol

Here is the receipe I used, as well as where I learned how to use the 2-zone technique (for anyone who doesn't know how ;) ).

http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/porknography/best_BBQ_ribs_ever.html

I'm attaching a pic of the outcome of the ribs - it was my first time without boiling them first...be gentle lol :P

post-9885-0-53848700-1347322317_thumb.jp

I always boil mine first... I'm gonna try this fancy technique this weekend! Love me some ribs!!

Also a HUGE fan of Beer Can Chix. Season your bird up with Greek seasoning, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stick a half full can of High Life in the bird's opening, set it up like a tripod on the grill, and cook it on indirect heat for 60 mins. Heavenly!!!

@Adultery - Same here!! Ribs is one of my favorite foods of bbq! ^_^ When I bbq or grill, I usually cook enough for a small army, and any remaining leftovers are swiped by friends and family. I'm gonna try the Beer Can Chix at my next cookout - gonna pirate your receipe haha! Arrrgggg :ph34r:

@ Draco - ya makin me hungry talkin about all that smokin' lol. What kinda wood do ya smoke with? ...I tried mine with a mixture of applewood and oak - turned out pretty good for such a strange mixture lol.

@Kustom Kid - Thanks!...I followed most of the receipe except for a few minor altercations (bbq sause, seasonings) and it was sooooooooooo good!!! I used to boil mine - only because of the way I was grilling. I used to grill the simple way of just throwing down some Match-llite (I'm a charcoal kinda guy ;) ), and grilling everything over direct heat. Ribs don't really turn out so good that way lol. Now that I learned the 2 zone...much better! I would love to try your rib receipe :)

Big time rib recipe. I've gotten more compliments for these ribs than pretty much any other item I've come up with. It's for 35 pounds of ribs, but you guys are going to have to scale it down if you want.

BBQ Sauce

In a large mixing bowl blend:

1 Gallon of BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's)

2 TBL Course Black Pepper

2 TBL Worcestershire Sauce

8 oz Yellow Mustard

6 Cups Brown Sugar

2 Cups White Sugar

2 TBL Garlic Powder

1 TBL Onion Powder or 3 TBL dried onion flakes

Blend Well – date and store in fridge

Dry Rub

1 # Brown Sugar

½ Cup paprika

¼ Cup Kosher Salt

2 Tbl Each of - Chili Powder – Ground Black Pepper – Cayenne Pepper – Black Pepper – granulated garlic – onion powder

Ribs

1 Case Ribs – take off the back skin (or score with knife)– Rub with the above dry rub. Let sit for at least an hour. Overnight is even better. Grill until seared – place in roasting pan – bones up and add to the pan the following mixture:

1 #5 can of tomato juice (58 oz)

use same can and fill ½ with barbeque sauce add (29 oz)

use same can and fill ½ with wine vinegar add (29 oz)

use same can and fill to top with water add (58 oz)

Cover Pan with plastic wrap and Aluminum Foil and roast slowly for 1.5 hr on 350 in convection oven on low fan or about 2 hours in standard oven. Remove from oven, peel back plastic wrap and foil, and let cool in cooler. Once cooled cut them into either individual rib portions or 6 to 8 rib sections depending on how you want to serve them.

When rib time comes reheat ribs in 500 degree oven for 5 minutes. Baste with sauce and heat for another 5 to 10 minutes or until sauce has begun to caramelize. An easier way to do it is to heat the sauce in a saute pan, place the ribs in a microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Add the ribs to the sauce and heat both until the sauce caramelizes.

• Like 2

Sub out the Sweet Baby Ray's for Stubbs if you're not willing to make your own. ;)

Used to love SBR before I found Stubb's. Mmmm!

Open Pit sauce is great for chicken. :)

Since we're talking about ribs here, I just so happened to be in Sparks NV again during the Nugget Rib Cook-Off last week. Quite possibly the best ribs I've ever had in my life, and most expensive. Wicked fun time and tons and tons of food, music and happenings. Wish I could cook ribs like you guys (thurman,draco) but I'll let the pros do it.

Hey check out that fat Italian guy by the worlds biggest six shooter! (hint that was me)

post-5530-0-41428200-1347515041_thumb.jppost-5530-0-80716100-1347515053_thumb.jppost-5530-0-12549000-1347515074_thumb.jppost-5530-0-61228500-1347515025_thumb.jp

Holy sh*t! THAT'S your RIG?!?!?!?!?!?

I wanna come over for dinner!!!!!!!

In order in second pic: Gas Burner - Gas Grill - Charcoal Grill - Offset Smoker

Offset smoking is the best IMO as you don't have to open the main grill and lose as much of the heat and smoke that is built-up and really helps to maintain more even temps. To date I have smoked Boston butts, ribs, and turkeys. Smoking wood of choice is the Jack Daniels barrel oak chips. I may attempt a hybrid grill/smoke of some beer can chickens in the near future.

Holy sh*t! THAT'S your RIG?!?!?!?!?!?

I wanna come over for dinner!!!!!!!

I think he can have us all over for dinner with that thing (along with our extended families)!

Holy crap! I get hungry every time I look at this thread you guys! And as much as I like to talk up my own ribs, you have all put me to shame ... ya bastards! :D