All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Ambiance file not playing 12.82

ClassicGMR

I have had this issue since 12.79. My arcade ambiance file used to play fine before that. I'm on 12.82 now, have updated automatically and manually just to be sure. No change. My ini file shows the right folder and there's nothing in the log that I see that would cause it to not play. Am I missing something?

GameEx.ini

log.txt

In your GameEx.ini there are the following lines:

AmbienceFile=

AmbianceFile=

Both are empty. You can delete one of them, and put "C:\arcade\arcade.mp3" so that eventually you get:

AmbienceFile="C:\arcade\arcade.mp3".

Note that AmbienceFile requires the full directory including the file name and extension.

No dice. Tried it as AmbienceFile=C:\arcade\arcade.mp3 and AmbianceFile=C:\arcade\arcade.mp3. It still doesn't play. :(

Tom - Yes the arcade.mp3 file used to work in 12.77 and below. It also still plays through Windows Media Player. I use Draco's Space Invaders theme and GameEx makes all the normal menu sounds and plays the startup sound as well which I have set to Sinistar's "Beware I Live!"

I had this very same issue and the fix seems to work for me. Ambience played 3 out of 3 times. Before it would just play like 1 out of 4 or so.

Same here.

Thanks for the quick response Tom. Greatly appreciated as always. :)