All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Error on startup: "GAMEX has stopped working"

BerkCA

I am running Windows 7 SP1 32-bit. I just installed GameEx for the first time (free version). I went through the GameEx Setup Wizard. I have not been able to start GameEx.exe successfully--each time I try to open it, I immediately get a Windows error message "GAMEX has stopped working." Here are the error details, from the Windows error screen:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: gameex.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 504581a6

Problem Signature 04: GameEx

Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 504581a6

Problem Signature 07: dd

Problem Signature 08: 719

Problem Signature 09: System.TypeInitialization

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Hi BerkCA, and welcome to the forums!

Hey would you do me a favor? Search your GameEx installation directory (C:\GameEx\ by default) for the following file:

System.Data.SQLite.dll

Please let me know if you find it in there. Beyond that we'll dive into some traditional troubleshooting steps.

Thanks!

Edit:

For anyone who's wondering just what the hell I'm on about, this was the first hit I got when I googled "Event Name: CLR20r3". Being that System.Data.SQLite.dll is an included assembly with GameEx, I figured it might be related to the error seen here.

• Like 1

How did you

Big as in heavy? Well join the club! LOL!

Here it's a term of endearment even if one is small. ;)

How do you know I am small! :blink: Not like I walk passed the open windows much.

Sometimes, depending on the vocal inflection, calling someone a "big guy" can have a negative meaning, as in someone that acts like they are more important than they really are and calling them out on it.