All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx Install help

scrodamoon

Yeah stuff like this isn’t looking good:

DVDPath=G:\

lastmusicpath=G:\-DATA-\-MP3-

name_1=Close And Restart GameEx

path_1=G:\-DATA-\-MY PROJECTS-\GameEx - VB.net\bin

cmd_1=CloseAndRestartGameEx.bat

RemoteExtenderLocation=G:\-DATA-\-MY PROJECTS-\GameEx - VB.net\bin

IPADDRESS=127.0.0.1

I really think some invalid information has crept into this build of GameEx (possibly as a result of the build process). It also seems to extend farther than we’re seeing in the GameEx.ini since the INI shows the proper (default) locations for catver.ini (and its brethren) whereas the log shows additional (and strange) locations on G:\ for catver.ini and the like. As we see in the INI G:\ is the DVD drive.

My concern here is that this LOG is from April and it's September.

Go to your C prompt and type in RegEdit.

Under HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\GameEx what is the value for InstallLocation? Is it the right path?

I'm willing to bet your install location is not the same as the one as the INI and LOG came from... Like you reinstalled it and you're still looking at an old folder.

• Like 1

Your Reg info is missing a ton of stuff. Like literally a ton. :)

Somethng is wrong with your install to say the least. Let me get a snap of mine and you'll see what I mean. Hold on.

scrodamoon - OK, to ask the obvious question - Was this a direct download and install on this computer or was it a copied from an installation on another PC? Too many things are just not adding up here and I don't see how we can effectively troubleshoot a problem when we are essentially chasing ghosts. Just not seeing how this can occur with differing dates, etc.

Either somethings blocking you out (AV, Windows Firewall, something like) or you don't have the proper permissions to install GameEx (are you the admin on both machines), or youre using a lite install of Windows. Here's what the reg screen looks like after a proper install:

post-680-0-60628700-1346877016_thumb.png

Note at least the 2 sub folders and tons more reg values as opposed to yours. The problem is most definitely something you're doing (or not doing), not GameEx itself (an offline install worked fine on my dev machine).

Some are populated after launch but they would be "seeded" with default values during install, not after launch. Except the gamercard which uses its own reg installer.

Try and install GameEx using the offline installer and post your Windows Log afterwards:

How to View Event Logs

To open Event Viewer, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.
  • In the console tree, click Event Viewer.
    The Application, Security, and System logs are displayed in the Event Viewer window.

• Like 1

Looks like your problems may run a bit deeper than GameEx. If I were to guess, you're not meeting the minimum .NET version requirement (or perhaps your .NET runtime environment is corrupt somehow). Please refer here to insure you're meeting the minimum system requirements for GameEx:

Minimum Requirements

If you appear to be meeting the minimum requirements in software and hardware, I'd look at reinstalling your .NET system components.

Yup Null suggested exactly what I would have. Uninstall .NET and reinstall it and see if it helps.

I'm really starting to get curious about your build of XP... You sure you're not using a lite version?