All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PROJECT] Steam \ GameEx Integration

Stu1983

I've now tested the wrapper function with Zombie Driver and that worked perfectly as well.

Would it be possible to add support for multiple wrappers?

I can see the need for a wrapper to get past a launcher but also I may like to load a different Xpadder profile. For now I could easily combine the 2 but then my wrapper is only good for my system. I've tried putting an autoit exe and a batch file in the wrapper directory but GameEx picked the exe over the bat file.

There is also a slight issue with the description, you don't seem to be handling quotes, I've attached 2 screenshots, they are coming through as “

One last thing, you are grabbing the reviews, although the reviews are useful would the 'About the Game' and the 'Key Features' not be more useful

post-1567-0-61768400-1346837775_thumb.jp

post-1567-0-04827700-1346837789_thumb.jp

Another bug for you Tom

I think you need to look at the 'installdir' variable in the config.vdf

I've now uninstalled VVVVVV from steam but it still appears in my list in GameEx, Steam still leaves the entry in the config.vdf but it deletes the path in the 'installdir' variable e.g.

"installdir" ""

Maybe another bug for the list :)

I've tried this GameEx exe on another system (my main Steam/Dev system) but I don't get the Steam Games section in Emulated Games

I've checked the GameEx log but could not see any reference to Steam

Last bugs for today... promise :)

Text is being displayed a bit weird in places on the game list screen, see attached screenshot

I have 'OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast' (AppID 4730) installed but it doesn't appear in my list.

It is listed in the config.vdf

I know the problem but have no idea what the solution would be.

The problem is this game has been removed from Steam so it isn't available for purchase on their site anymore. Anyone that purchased it can still install/remove it

I assume your code can't find it on the site so skips over it.

post-1567-0-35842900-1346886629_thumb.jp

I am still working on things but Ive implemented most of what you have mentioned. There are now individual configs for each game in the media\steam\configs folder. There is a wrappers2 folder for launching a second wrapper, and it will now check for a batch file if it cant find an exe. Ive also implemented favorites and most and last played and it will now correctly see if the install dir exists. Ill continue working on it but I think is going to be pretty cool. Thanks for working with me on this buddy.

GameEx.zip

• Like 1

Maybe another bug for the list :)

I've tried this GameEx exe on another system (my main Steam/Dev system) but I don't get the Steam Games section in Emulated Games

I've checked the GameEx log but could not see any reference to Steam

Can you post/check the registry for the steam settings? GameEx checks for both steameexe and steampath, Don't mean to state the obvious, but you are not using custom menus. Check and post the steam VDF config file too please. We will figure it out. Ive implemented logging. See attached and post the log. Cheer.

GameEx.zip

• Like 1

It looks like there may still be some minor issues with markup characters in game titles and descriptions, but nothing like what Stu was showing above.

steam_markup.png

Here's a copy of my log, although I'm not sure if you were looking for anything specific

It's looking awesome Tom! Slowly but surely it's pulling down Steam artwork and descriptions. Now I just need to plug in some of Stu's wrappers (and draft a couple of my own). Can't wait to see the end result!

Let me know if I can provide anything more additional data, or run any specific test scenarios.

It looks like there may still be some minor issues with markup characters in game titles and descriptions, but nothing like what Stu was showing above.

Here's a copy of my log, although I'm not sure if you were looking for anything specific

It's looking awesome Tom! Slowly but surely it's pulling down Steam artwork and descriptions. Now I just need to plug in some of Stu's wrappers (and draft a couple of my own). Can't wait to see the end result!

Let me know if I can provide anything more additional data, or run any specific test scenarios.

Thanks. I wanted the log from Stu on his machine it was not working on. Thanks though and I guess its just a case of testing and providing configs and wrapper.

I just noticed that although I've got the following games installed in Steam, they are missing from my Steam Games list in this build of GameEx. Let me know if I can provide any additional details.

Crysis
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Mafia
Mass Effect
Monkey Island 2: Special Edition

This is so cool! All the text markup that I can see has been addressed and displays correctly. The game info looks awesome. Only weird peccadillo is that Monkey Island 2: Special Edition is still not displaying. All the other previously missing games are now displaying.

The log seems to detect it correctly:

20:45:00.6 9/5/2012: Found: e:\\steam\\steamapps\\common\\monkey2

but the game does not display in the list.

Thanks again Tom. This is really cool!

Edit:

I wonder if it's because the 'official' Steam name for this game has a lot of weird markup in it?

Monkey Island™ 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge™

Great work Tom, most of my issues are now fixed.

I've made a list:

Fixed

Individual INI's - Tested and fixed - I've uploaded my VVVVVV ini to the FTP

Multiple Wrappers - Tested and fixed

Description scrapping instead of reviews - Tested and fixed

installdir varible (used to remove uninstalled games) - Tested and fixed

Missing games (Not available on Steam anymore [OutRun]) - Tested and fixed

Auto Loging Support - Tested and fixed

Still outstanding

Weird Text - fixed

All the markup appears to be fixed but I'm still seeing the odd large font in the games list (see the original screenshot of Virtual Tennis) there are a couple of others I noticed this morning before work but the only one I can remember is DarkSiders (50620)

No games detected on main Steam PC -Fixed

Looking at GameEx log and it detects steam OK but can't find any games

I took a look at he Steam config.vdf and wish I hadn't :)

I think there will be some work required here, the list of apps is huge, I have only 76 games installed on this system but there has been lots of others installed and removed in the past.

The InstallDir variable should sort most but there are lots of others that would still be picked up e.g. downloadable content and keys

I think a combination of 'InstallDir' and 'UpToDate' set to 1 is the start to a way forward as that seems to correspond best to what I have installed.

It gets a bit trickier though as there are a lot of entries with UpToDate set to 1 and InstallDir set to "c:", I've no idea what these are one example

"63212"
{
"HasAllLocalContent" "1"
"UpToDate" "1"
"InstallDir" "c:"
}

We could throw away any that just point to a drive letter and no path but there are also the following:

"458"
{
"HasAllLocalContent" "1"
"UpToDate" "1"
"InstallDir" "c:\\games\\steam\\steamapps\\pimpdaddystu\ eam fortress 2 - summer 2011 dlc"
}

I think the key is in the AppID - having looked through about 50 games on steam and every actual game ends in a 0, if the last digit isn't 0 it appears to be DLC for the full game

There are exceptions though as some games have more than 10 items of DLC so they also end in 0

It would be a huge start though to cleaning up the list

I've attached my vdf for you to have a look

NoGameDetected-config.zip