All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] KRC's ONE1 (HUGE WIP)

KRC

Well I decided to go ahead with a new theme, Ive abandoned my Ultima theme (Its now marked as discontinued).

This theme will be my theme that I will be working on from now on, its set at 1920x1080 and includes my own icon set. Some of these icons are available from my Projects thread and some are not (but they will be soon) :)

Each emulator/system will have its own screen which will include various high res icons and logos, none of which ive even started yet but will hopefully start soon.

Im currently working on a selector bar and should have it finished in an hour.

Ive have attached a couple of snaps to show you the start of a long road ahead :P

More to come soon.....

• Like 3

Ive made a couple of minor adjustments, as well as clean up the main interface.

I have added some icons for the Time,Select Line 1+2.

The selector bar is from Brokeh, but it has repeating flashing white lights to the far right hand side of selector (Print Screen doesnt pick this up for some reason.) :(

To the bottom middle of the screen is a blank space, this will be filled with something associated with the emulator/system.

I'm in the process of rebuilding GameEx on my PC as some of my media was scattered everywhere, should have this done by tonight, then I can continue with this theme and other ongoing projects. :)

If anyone's noticed that's why I've been quiet

We've all been quiet. That's OK. We all need an excuse to tear ourselves away from here once in a while. I have been checking in with the "real world" the last few days and I am quickly reminded why I hang out here so much - it's nicer here!

Finally finished the basic setup of GameEx, My directory structure looks alot more tidy now. Just have to add emulator entries.

Now I can carry on with where I left off. :)

We've all been quiet. That's OK. We all need an excuse to tear ourselves away from here once in a while. I have been checking in with the "real world" the last few days and I am quickly reminded why I hang out here so much - it's nicer here!

I do have to agree, it is much nicer here :)

Just thought I would give an update on the progress of this theme so far.

I have done about 50% of the screens, Im due to transfer the theme from laptop to PC later on today so I can upload some proper snaps of the theme in action.

I have also reworked the selector bar and adjusted the frames on the each screen and removed some blemishes.

All in all im probably looking at about 250 different screens for each emulator/application. Im also contemplating on putting graphics of video game characters into the theme, based on the system or app they are linked too, I will upload these snaps later on today also :)

Well now you got us curious, whats up with the double Dr. Mario? :)

Hey,

It was a full set with 2 or 3 of each game, and I only wanted 1 of each rom, so I started to slim them down to 1 rom, guess I must have missed this one :D

I know there are ways to exclude roms etc.. but I was doing this long before GameEx, and havent really noticed double Dr. Mario.

TBH though I do need to update a couple of my sets.

Very clean, me likey.... how much longer till its done?

Hey,

Not quite sure yet, there's so much to do, I can't really put a ETA on it yet, but I would imagine no longer than 7 - 10 days, I could do it faster but my work shifts have changed :(

All good KRC..... See this is what I meant when I said "bow to the better man", your work rate is epic!!

I won't mention that again, think it annoys ya....... looking forward to it

Again, I wouldn't say I'm better in anyway at all, The Darkness was an excellent entry project and lets hope there's more where that came from. :)

Like the post you mentioned in your topic, we just can't stop ourselves from adding that little extra and going the extra mile. :P

Emulator/System screens at about 80% complete, I just need to polish those old logo's up so they can be inserted onto the screens. :)

Next Im searching for SFX and working on an all new selector bar.

I will have to use fraps or something so you can see the theme actually working and not just take my word for it. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ive completely revamped the layout of this theme.

Each display frame now has static and a burst of supernova, I decided to go this way because the previous attempts at this theme were lacking some, but it is coming together bit by bit. :)

I havent started on any other bit of this theme, just the general layout of the image and image 2 placement.

post-9120-0-59294300-1346773785_thumb.pn

Ok so this is how far ive got with this theme so far, I have removed the ability for a screen for each emulator or system, I have rearranged the way theme is set out but kept to the color scheme. I have added little extras which make up all the difference, including Metal Mario and a thin border to go above the scroller under the list.

To Do,

-Font

-Selector bar

-More color coordinated graphics

-Logo Pack.

Realistically I would put this theme at 50% complete

post-9120-0-21425200-1346805346_thumb.pn

• Like 2