All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Help With Gauntlet Legends

epicfatigue

Hey All,

Thanks for comming along and giving me a hand.

Just wanna get a few things out of the way first.

I know there is a n64version and a ps1 version i have both, thing is i want it playable on mame.

I have heard along the grape vine 1.6 is choppy and 1.2 is the version to be running. I have them both but i can only get 1.6 running.

I have it at about 95% has some stutters as i think if i can get 12 running it will be 100% :) i have played through first world set no crashes all appears to be fine. I can Overclock to a higher setting but if i can get away with it id rather leave it where it is running now.

I believe i am running mame64 1.5 ? not sure how to check would be much appreciated if somone could help me with that.

The hardware inside is

WGk7000 Arcade Monitor in 2 player Tallboy 8 buttons each

Asus rampage formula x48

Intel Xenon E3120 @4.2ghz

HyperX Ram DDR2 1040 8 gb

Arcade VGA3000

Corsair PSU

2TB HDD

I am really struggling to get this to run and really would appriciate some help into troubleshooting because i am sure there are other roms that will be similar.

I have tryed renaming gauntl12 to gauntleg12 had no luck with that.

Thanks Guys.

Also atached picture of the pc inside case

And my namco gun project. Guns are both fully working and have sleeved cables :)

post-9837-0-63334300-1345503832_thumb.jp

post-9837-0-84536300-1345503865_thumb.jp

Let me know how you get on with that. I play the Dreamcast port of this because it has never run well on my cab using MAME.

Well i didnt get 1.2 going however i now have 1.6 running full speed no stutters nothing!

played through the first world no lag what so ever. still plan on getting 1.2 done so i can turn the cpu clock down

My problem was i was not running 64bit mame lol, so i had it running 90% on 1 core.

From what i can tell with my benching the speed of the CPU def counts but it appears to be the ram that plays as much of a part.

When i had my ram on 800mhz it ran like a dog pushed it to 1038 ran perfectly fine.

I will make a little video for you guys.

What specs are you running Adult?

The only thing i have to sort out is set up my resolutions.

Then i might be able to finally move onto restoring the outside of the cab.

I have come to the conclusion since iv spent so much money i am going to have to make it look as good on the inisde as the outside.

I will also be adding some fans to the WGK7000 board as i have heard they have some heat issues in shortening their lifespan and since i just recapped it i would like it to last another 25 years :)

machine was built in 1987

Damn you have a beefy system in it though... I'm on half that (4 GB RAM) and a Core 2 Duo E7500. I was hoping it wouldn't be so laborious on the CPU (my board can be upgraded to 8 GB RAM). I could upgrade the CPU but not sure it's worth it when I could just redo the whole board and get something better (which isn't in the budget).

The hardware inside is

WGk7000 Arcade Monitor in 2 player Tallboy 8 buttons each

Asus rampage formula x48

Intel Xenon E3120 @4.2ghz

HyperX Ram DDR2 1040 8 gb

Arcade VGA3000

Corsair PSU

2TB HDD

Pretty sweet setup! I can't believe you're running all of that on a 430W power supply!? :o Am I seeing that correctly?

Hey thanks for comments guys. Yeah its a 430wat psu dont see the point in needing more. Old system 1hdd no cdrom etc card is un powered should be heaps :)

SORRY about the poor video 1handed and balancing my daughter but just so you guys could see. Still 1.6 cant wait to put 1.2 should be flawless ill take a good film once i get it going.

Here is a link uploaded it to youtube for ya adultry if your anything like me this was the whole reason i got this lol.

LOL sorry guys WTF was that link stupid phone

Did pretty good with one hand! Will have to give this a go sometime on my machine. I used to burn plenty of hours on the game on the N64 port with one of my sons.

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.