All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

In a Tron Legacy state of mind

Draco1962

While I’m generally very much in favor of Upping the PunX, I’ve never gotten much into Daft Punk. OTOH, I was unaware that they provided the soundtrack for TRON: Legacy (which I still have not seen, much to my shame … don’t even ask me about the last film I actually watched in a theatre). Perhaps I shall have to give them another listen.

If critics (and even the diehard fanboys) are to be believed, I have terrible taste in films (and music ... observe my previous comment). I do like films that make me think, but equally I like films in which I can give critical analysis some time off and simply be entertained (Ooo … bright colors and flashing lights! :blink:).

TRON: Legacy is fairly high on my ‘to watch’ list. Naturally WAF plays a role insomuch as what gets watched and when ... ;)

Ahh back when I was a club DJ, the people couldn't get enough Daft Punk. My beef is all their songs use the same filters and end up sounding like remixes of the same tune.

Dude you HAVE to see Tron Legacy. How can anybody who's into games/computer tech like us have not seen it? I saw it twice in the theater. I don't own it on disc though, and would really like to. I liked how Disney never really had plans to make the movie; it was just a 'preview' of their latest tech they showed at E3/ComicCon to show what Tron would look like 'today' and the audience gave it such a huge ovation that Disney decided to build a movie around it. I absolutely love it. And the opening theme Daft Punk did at the beginning during the narration is just awesome. Did you know that's Daft Punk in the DJ booth in the club? Hah! Cameo.

I'll 1-up ya Null. Not only have I not seen EITHER Tron movie, I haven't seen (or will likely even bother to see) ANY of the Matrix movies.

Or Hackers.

Or anything after (or before as it were) the 3rd Star Wars movie. And I only saw the first 3 because my brother took me for free back in the day.

Lol!

You had geek cred? :P

If by 'geek' you mean 'a chalupa' and by 'cred' you mean 'for lunch' then yes, Yes I did.

Dude you HAVE to see Tron Legacy. How can anybody who's into games/computer tech like us have not seen it?

Yeah I know I really need to check it out. My twin three year olds keep me running around like a fart in a mitten though. I'm lucky if I can sneak in an episode of Doctor Who every now and again. OTOH, I'd wager I've seen more Dora the Explorer and Bubble Guppies than any of you (not that I'm proud of it). ;)

The first movie is dated by today's standards, but for the time was a pretty cool thing. I like the feel of Legacy much better, though. More edgy, fatal.

Funny story about the first movie. When I was a kid I had the children's picture book version of the first TRON movie (one of those Scholastic Book Club jobbies). It had this really strong smell of printer ink. Now every time I catch a big whiff of printer ink, all I can think of is TRON. OK maybe not so funny ... but true.

Tron Legacy was pretty cool. The music was great, and I used it to set up my Pandora radio station. You need to see it.

Tron was good in it's day, but definitely dated now. I liked the Matrix movies, but the first one was the best. As for Hackers... don't bother. But you need to see the SW movies...