All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Problem with Steering wheel

scabman

Hi I bought a Steering wheel for the pc the other day at a yard sale for $6. It still works(knew the guy that sold it) but the problem is that it only works on xp or older. Its the V3 Interact sv-280 steering wheel and peddles. Does anyone know how i could get it to work on vista? ( I know vista sucks but its what I have) Thank you for any and all help I can get.

Edited by Draco1962
Topic moved to correct forum for non-GameEx issues/discussions

Did your friend provide you with the driver/software disc for the wheel and did you install them? Sometimes you can get lucky with using the XP drivers (once you get past the unsigned drivers prompts). From what I have seen just "googling" about there isn't much luck in finding the drivers or compatibility with Vista or higher for this model.

Windows doesn't autocheck online for the driver? It should.. if not, did you try doing a manual install of a generic driver from it's built in list? That "might" work. You could probably get it to the point where it would be recognized as a generic joystick controller, where the wheel is the Z axis, gas is Y and brake is X. The other buttons on the wheel would correspond to regular controller buttons. Were you able to find the manufacturer's website? They might have a contact form or phone number you could try.

Interact no longer exists (they were bought out) and Windows Vista and Seven will not necessarily recognize older, "legacy" devices. Keep in mind that that particular wheel and pedal were made to be compatible with Windows 95 - XP, so unless someone has a neat trick on how to make Vista or later recognize, it ain't gonna happen.