All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] How to choose what is diplayed in 2nd monitor

8trek

I assume if you turn on the 2nd monitor option while the game is being played on the main monitor the 2nd monitor will show the GameEX interface. I would like the 2nd monitor to automatically show the control panel while the game is being displayed as to make it easy to see what buttons do what while you're playing.

If you enable GameExtender each emulator has an image path for it in Advanced Emulator Setup. I set mine to a static snap of that emu's controls. ;)

thanks. I'm not having much luck figuring out how to setup game extender. I'm using the ip address of my computer in both the viewer setting and the server setting but saying unable to connect. Bigger question is why do you even need to use an ip address since it's the same machine running gameex?

It works that way because it runs over a network interface. Technically if you want to run the client and the server on the same machine, you should be able to set both the client and server address to 127.0.0.1 which is your machine's loopback address. If it's not connecting you may need to add an exception to whatever firewall software you have in place (if any). You also want to be sure that you don't have a port conflict with the port number as assigned (8383 is the default port which should be fairly unique). Just to double check, you are including the port number in the IP address when you attempt to connect? Something along the lines of http://127.0.0.1:8383

Good to hear 8trek. Glad you got everything sorted. Thanks also for marking as [RESOLVED].

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now marked as Resolved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread