All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

No Advanced configuragion option

aikido2u

I have been watching the tutorial vidoes on setting up GameEx and there seems to be an option I am missing. Advanced configuration... not the advancedcongif editor I have that option.. I want to map other emulators and games to GameEx but I dont see it being possible to do so without running that tool. I am also having tons of issues gettting Mamae to work correctly but I will keep up on that myself. Anyone have any Idea what to do?

Thanks,

Aikido2u

I want to add other emulators, pc games to GameEx.. I watched a tutorial video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKXxAQM6Mvo and in his gameEX he has an Advanced Configuration tool which I do not have in mine. It seems to be an important tool.. did something replace this in a later version? The video does not show or explain what version he is using.

Thanks,

aikido2u

Hello aikido2u and welcome to the forums!

You are correct. The Advanced Configuration tool has been replaced by the Setup Wizard in more recent versions. The Setup Wizard is self explanatory in many ways (pay special attention to the "?" icons as they contain a lot of help text). Have a look at that, and feel free to ask any questions right here as they come up.

Start Menu > All Programs > GameEx > Setup Wizard

Edit: fReq beat me to it! :)

aikido2u - please disregard the video as the Advanced Configuration has been deprecated for some time now and we are using the Setup Wizard exclusively. Please refer to the instructions provided by nullPointer and fRequEnCy and advise whether or not you were able to locate the basic and advanced emulator setup. Thanks!