All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[3RD PARTY APP] SQLite Database Management and Administration Tools

nullPointer

So with GameEx recently making the switch to SQLite, I figured it might be a good time to mention some decent SQLite database management tools. Here are two of my favorite free options (although admittedly I don’t work with SQLite very often)

SQLite Manager: This is actually a Firefox add-on, but despite that it still manages to hang with some of the more full featured free DB editors I’ve tried. I would imagine that this would be more than enough for the average GameEx user where the focus tends to be simple editing of data. If you’re already a Firefox user, this would be a pretty good fit.

SQLite Expert (Personal Edition): So maybe you’re not a Firefox user? Or maybe browser plug-ins just aren’t your bag, baby? SQLite Expert is a fairly full featured SQLite management tool. It’s going to take up 70 MB of hard drive space once installed, so you might want to consider whether you want a more heavyweight tool for the job, but it will definitely get the job done in style.

Those are the free tools I’ve used in the past for SQLite administration and management. I’d love to hear about any other suggestions and tools.

Update by T Speirs: You can also install the SQLite ODBC Driver and import/link the tables for editing within Microsoft Access.

• Like 5

Thanks for the share! There are a few HTPC frontends that use SQLite to manage their data needs so those using GameEx that are familiar should have no problems with the conversion.

There are a few HTPC frontends that use SQLite to manage their data needs so those using GameEx that are familiar should have no problems with the conversion.

Ha, that’s a good call! That was actually the basis of my recommendations above as I’ve used both for editing XBMC metadata (although rather infrequently as I mentioned). I’d love to hear about any other tools people are using for these purposes.

• 1 month later...

Another great post from you np, will definitely give this the once over when I get the chance, (Well im taking a couple of days off my projects so I can test all the releases that have come onto the scene, as I promised I would) :P