All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] MetroICS - Beta

Hi Folks !

After lots and lots of works, I finally can release a beta of my new theme.

Don't recognize the name ? It's the same idea present in my MetroEx theme.

I've putted the ICS at the end because of the changes that I made.

Almost of those changes are related to the colors (now more vivid ones) and the fonts (Using Android 4.0 Roboto).

Those changes are made because I wasn't satisfied with the old ones.

So now the theme is inspired in Metro UI and Android ICS.

Some quick instructions.

1- Roboto Font is NECESSARY. You can download it for free from Android Design Website.

The zip file containing the theme has the font already. So after the download just install it.

2- The theme is almost finished. I have to just do some backgrounds and Icons.

3- Please, let me know wich console icon YOU want. My idea is to release the theme with the most consoles icons as possible. The ones that you have there are the systems that I have.

4- If you download and use it, please PLEASE let me know the problems that you have.

5- It's a complete re-write, so even the bars, arrows and everything will be redrawn. And I'm almost finishing it !

6- All the theme is made with custom lay-outs.

So please enjoy ! And report me any problems !

Download Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?6rnxfu3nf0f6aca

Some screenshots :)

post-4791-0-64378400-1342298334_thumb.jp post-4791-0-29671400-1342298364_thumb.jp post-4791-0-73318500-1342298401_thumb.jp post-4791-0-16637100-1342298449_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Wow! Nice theme!

Just switched over to this theme, so far so good. The only thing I would say, is that I usually use a wider width games list, so that the longer named games are not cut off.

Does GameEx have an option to scroll this text horizonatlly? (If not, I will make a request for it :) )

Edit: Actually, after trying this theme out some more, some emu backgrounds have it like the shots above. Game list on the right and wider too, which is great!

(I had first chosen the Amiga system, which had the narrow games list on the left - like the first two shots)

You shouldn't have to install the font anymore, GameEx supports fonts in the theme folder these days.

Looks great vsivalopes! Nice work!

Great work! ;)

You shouldn't have to install the font anymore, GameEx supports fonts in the theme folder these days.

Looks great vsivalopes! Nice work!

This is new to me! Please, in which folder should the font file be putted in order for gameEx to be able to read it?

In GameEx\THEMES\ThemeInQuestion\ (in the same folder as snap.png)

or

in GameEx\THEMES\ThemeInQuestion\MEDIA ???

Hello Guys!

Thanks for all the praise! :rolleyes:

So, let's head back to work :

The only thing I would say, is that I usually use a wider width games list, so that the longer named games are not cut off.

I've figured out your problem Bigby, it's because of the custom Emulator Layouts.

I'm going to do some tests, using only custom layouts for the home parts.

The emulators does'nt change the layouts, so I can use just one.

How do I do that Adultery ? Can you point the folder?

Guys, please let me know the consoles you want to see in the theme.

The more systems the better the theme will be.

I'm planing to release (like Draco does) some Add-ons for the theme.

Those with systems and backgrounds not included on the final version.

And after I finish everything, I will post the PSD files, so you can modify the theme by yourself.

Non english speakers, the PSDs layers are in English, so no trouble to edit.

Again, thanks for all the praise ! :wub:

These are the consoles and other systems I have in my GameEx setup (or will be adding soon). Any of these that you can include woud be very appreciated.

Not sure if you have already done some of these, but I'll list the ones I don't see a background for in the theme.

Arcade

Sammy Atomiswave

SEGA Model

SEGA Naomi

Taito Type X

Console

Amiga CD32

Atari 5200

Atari 7800

Atari Jaguar

Colecovision

Fujitsu FM-Towns

GCE Vectrex

Intellivision

NEC PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16

NEC PC-FX

Panasonic 3DO

Sega Mega-CD - Sega CD

Handheld

Atari Lynx

Bandai WonderSwan Color

Nintendo DS

Nintendo Virtual Boy

SNK Neo Geo Pocket

Computer

Commodore 64

Commodore Amiga CDTV

MSX

ScummVM

Hope I haven't overdone it :)

These are the consoles and other systems I have in my GameEx setup (or will be adding soon). Any of these that you can include woud be very appreciated.

Not sure if you have already done some of these, but I'll list the ones I don't see a background for in the theme.

Sure I can do it Bigby ! :)

It's good because we can test the single emulator layout option for the theme.

Let's work !