All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

If you can afford this, can ya gimme a loan?

Draco1962

$1.2 Million Ultimate Games Collection

Here’s the list of systems the auction is offering full game sets for along with the number of games for each one:

• Nintendo Famicon – 1,050 games
  • Nintendo Famicon Disk – 200 games
  • Nintendo Virtual Boy – 19 games
  • Nintendo Super Famicon – 1,500 games
  • Nintendo 64 – 200 games
  • Nintendo DD64 – 10 games
  • Nintendo Gamecube – 320 games
  • Sega Master System (Europe) – 300 games
  • Sega Mark 3 & Master System (Japan) – 80 games
  • Sega Game Gear – 200 games
  • Sega Megadrive – 450 games
  • Sega 32 X – 19 games
  • Sega Mega CD – 115 games
  • Sega Saturn – 1,150 games
  • Sega Dreamcast – 550 games
  • PC Engine Hucard – 300 games
  • PC Engine Supergrafx – 6 games
  • PC Engine CD – 120 games
  • PC Engine Super CD – 300 games
  • PC Engine Arcade CD – 12 games
  • PC-FX – total games not stated
  • Pioneer Laseractive – total games not listed

If you visit the eBay page via the link below it lists every single game being offered for each system. In a lot of cases the titles are brand new and/or factory sealed. 500 of the Super Famicom games are new, all the Gamecube games are factory sealed, as are all the PC Engine games

My family thinks I am the king of Nerdtopia, but DAYUM!

My Theories..

Either:

1) The guy works(ed) at a warehouse/retail store and stole these over time.

2)The guy is a hoarder and collected all these, spending tons of money, ruining his life and having his wife leave him, so he's under court order to sell all his stuff to get his life back, but his wife will still not come back.

No way this guy just has these laying around in his garage, unopened, unplayed just because he wanted them. There's gotta be another side to this. Either he is directly involved with the theft, or happened upon them while cleaning out a storage unit or something.

Personally, I'm happy with just playing them as I am now. I wouldn't want to OWN these. I have no where to put them. Even for bragging rights, who would care... I mean REALLY?

Read the article. Likely he amassed his booty from bidding on warehouse contents or store closures as some of the stuff has never been opened. I don't know anyone that that can claim to have played all of the carts for some of the larger collections. He'd be better off selling items individually as I don't think that anyone would seriously bid 1.2 mil for the whole thing.

This is just freaky, he was definitely getting these items in bulk from store closures and warehouses and mentioned by Draco.

I know there is a guy in the US with a complete sealed NTSC PS2 Collection.

Getting all the games sealed takes some $$££ and a whole lot of dedication.

Man Im jealous.

dit-sham if i won the lottery i'd bid! hell yeah i would! Call me anal - i've been called worse - but i am a game hoarder and honestly if you are gamers, which i'm sure SOME of you are (!lmao!) you would'nt believe what i've HAD to sell in the past due to financial restraints, and i promise i regret everyone of them sales! If this hoard is legit then dam i feel for this guy and would offer 2m just to help ease the pain!

*ahem* enthusiasm-burst over. Seriously though that is one tasty hoard!

My dad used to work at a small repair shop and they would sneak unopened games for the Atari's to their back room and dump the rom onto a floppy disk. You could store like 20 roms on one floppy. Then they would reseal the package and you would never know the difference because they had a factory-class sealing rig. So if my DAD could do it, whats to stop other people? So what Adultery said about being a cart dumper/scener may actually be pretty close to what he's doing. But still, Dad resealed the games and put them back on the shelf. If this guy is a dumper, with a factory resealer, why go through the trouble of keeping the originals. I dunno, it's still an iffy story, and even if I had the money I probably would bid. Got that whole montra of "You're just as guilty buying stolen stuff as the person is who stole it, whether you knew or not."

My dad used to work at a small repair shop and they would sneak unopened games for the Atari's to their back room and dump the rom onto a floppy disk. You could store like 20 roms on one floppy. Then they would reseal the package and you would never know the difference because they had a factory-class sealing rig. So if my DAD could do it, whats to stop other people? So what Adultery said about being a cart dumper/scener may actually be pretty close to what he's doing. But still, Dad resealed the games and put them back on the shelf. If this guy is a dumper, with a factory resealer, why go through the trouble of keeping the originals. I dunno, it's still an iffy story, and even if I had the money I probably would bid. Got that whole montra of "You're just as guilty buying stolen stuff as the person is who stole it, whether you knew or not."

ahaha readin that brought sooo many memories back! my "uncle" who was a very close friend of the family did the same thing! but he was a *ahem* bit underhanded as in he would get the "non-legeit" boards for cabs and open to public like they were real, i still have memories of SFII machine goin nuts!

Underhandedness aside, memories ahhhhhhgh =D (ps "uncle" was a distant relative, i had nothing to do with his "business" disclaimer_END)

So what Adultery said about being a cart dumper/scener may actually be pretty close to what he's doing. i would also agree is most likely