All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ATTENTION] Ops, Your help, please

Draco1962

Everyone,

If you have opened a thread for assistance, please edit the thread title to show [RESOLVED] at the beginning so that we can focus assistance on the threads of others that are in need. If you still require assistance, please note in your thread so that we can help you to resolve.

Also, a few gentle reminders -

- If a thread is labeled [RESOLVED] and you are having what appears to be the same or a similar issue, start a new thread! It may be that your issue is actually different! To be honest, once a thread is labeled [RESOLVED], I seldom go back to check on new messages in it.

- Please use the search feature to look for reported errors and resolutions first. If you can't readily find a resolution that works, start a new thread and provide emulator configs, log files, and your gameex.ini files as necessary. If another user or mod/admin asks for them, please provide promptly.

- If a thread is labeled [NEWS] or [RELEASE] in this or the User Projects forums, please post a new thread with any errors you run into in the General Forum. Again, you run the risk of your error not being resolved promptly and those threads are not the right place for error reporting.

Thanks for your attention!

Draco

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to chime in here to reiterate on Draco’s request. Marking an issue as [RESOLVED] really makes a difference to the troubleshooter, and helps future users who may run into the same issue. Otherwise it can become a game of “waiting for the other shoe to drop” so to speak – (Did the troubleshooting steps resolve the issue for the user? Is the user still struggling!? What the hell is going on!? WHERE AM I!? :blink: - This typically leads to hugging my knees in a closet for half an hour or so while I regain my bearings :ph34r:)

In the same way that ‘liking’ a project helps to motivate GameEx contributors, marking an issue as [RESOLVED] lets the troubleshooter know that they’re making a small difference, and not just putting words out into the aether. Gracias!

• Like 1

I just wanted to chimes in here to reiterate on Draco’s request. Marking an issue as [RESOLVED] really makes a difference to the troubleshooter, and helps future users who may run into the same issue. Otherwise it can become a game of “waiting for the other shoe to drop” so to speak – (Did the troubleshooting steps resolve the issue for the user? Is the user still struggling!? What the hell is going on!? WHERE AM I!? :blink: - This typically leads to hugging my knees in a closet for half an hour or so while I regain my bearings :ph34r:)

In the same way that ‘liking’ a project helps to motivate GameEx contributors, marking an issue as [RESOLVED] lets the troubleshooter know that they’re making a small difference, and not just putting words out into the aether. Gracias!

I quote you from I to ! :)

Maybe we should add the advise to label a thread that reports possible bugs with [bUG], do differentiate this kind of threads from general asking/answering questions. Then, when the issue is resolved, the original poster should change the [bUG] tag with [RESOLVED]. That is, more or less, what we are already doing here.