All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I need your feedback

Draco1962

I am thinking about pinning a new thread or two for our forum SME's (Subject Matter Experts) to announce software that does not directly support GameEx proper, but adds to the functionality or appearance.

A recent example would be the Boot Updater software that Celly announced. Others might be in the form of a post within the thread of a documented software and process. I envision eventually formalizing some of these into .pdfs that could be hosted on the main site in the FAQ section.

Let me know what you think or if you would like to volunteer to assist and compile. Before posting anything to the FAQ, all documentation will be reviewed for completeness, grammar, and community tested to ensure the best experience possible.

I think that would be great Draco. I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice to have something along these lines. Would this also encompass project announcements and updates, housing the work of Adultery, Tempest, and others?

I am thinking about pinning a new thread or two for our forum SME's (Subject Matter Experts) ...

Just out of curiosity, if you were to implement a couple different sub-forums has there been any discussion of a forum dedicated to theme development and questions? Currently we have a bunch of talented individuals working on various themes, but some of the progress threads tend to get lost in the shuffle of general support questions and the like. It would be great to have a centralized spot for theme discussion, progress updates, etc. (IMO). ;)

However it plays out, I’m in favor of your idea. Good call!

Personally, I would like to see the individual theme and logo threads moved to this forum or under a new Projects forum so that they are not vying directly with issues reported in the General forum. I will need to confer with Tom and the other admins/mods to see how they feel about it. If a green light is given to a new Projects forum, then that would be where I would like to warehouse promotion/discussion/documentation of 3rd party apps, etc.

I would still like to continue deferring to the Theme Editor Questions thread under the Pinned and Hot Topics forum for any issues specific to that application.

As I see it, some projects may end up in the Pinned and Hot Topics forum as warranted.

@Draco,

Im all up for improving the overall experience of GameEx and making it more pleasurable.

@nullpointer

I think the theme matter is a great idea because as you mentioned themes and logos etc... do tend to get lost in the general forum and when new members look through the forum they might miss out as they may never look at the second or third page on the general forum and will miss previously posted themes/logos that they may like or experiment with. naborneo's 3D logos and theme are a prime example, they are too good not to be noticable as soon as you enter the forum ( I hope it makes sense) :)

I think its a great idea. As NullP was saying, it would be good so the announcements of updates from our local guys could be viewed and easily findable, and not lost in the mix of other threads.

I know over at EmuMovies there is a section similar and is usually updated with info to the latest emulators via www.emucr.com links.

I think a few extra sub forums would be really helpful, at least for clearing up clutter. A 'side' projects forum for people to post things that would help the community but isn't a direct GameEx utility would be nice, like support for all Adultery's works-in-progress. Also, a forum dedicated to just themes would be nice too. People could post all their works, with stickys about the competition, how to use the theme maker, how to use GIMP/PhotoShop, etc. Would really help clear out all the mess and leave the general support forum for specific GameEx engine issues.