All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Regarding The Size Of Image/Image 2 In Theme Editor

KRC

I've got a small problem, whats happening is when I am adjusting Image and Image 2 within the theme editor to fit in the borders I have for my new theme the images that are displayed within GameEx are smaller and always stay the same size no matter how much I adjust them in the theme editor.(If that makes sense.)

Is there a way to make them fit the border box's I have made for my theme?

What may be happening is that the image box is not the same aspect ratio as the video or static snaps. You will have better luck if they are close than not.

This has been an issue with GameEx that I have made mention before in the past that the images do not truly stretch to the size that you setup in the theme editor as well has the video ghosting around the bottom and side of the videos is just annoying if you ask me sorry Tom I'm not a fan of that feature. (Future request ability to disable that) :D

@Draco1962,

I think you may be right because when I setup a 800 x 600 theme the images nearly fit my theme when adjusted via theme editor, but when I move up to 1024 x 768 the images do not stretch no matter how much I adjust via theme editor. It would make sense for image and image 2 to be the actual size created in the theme editor.

Also I noticed that the default icons in my theme like favorites and multimedia etc.. Do fit perfectly fine and they actually smaller than my snaps/titles.

Draco1962 is right... the image is "scaled" with the aspect ratio of the viewed snap,video etc.

otherwise the image would be stretched and then it would be even harder to find the right choice . so if you make borders for your images, you need to keep in mind the aspect ratio of your snaps, videos etc.

its easy if you have only one size for all pictures (true for most of the emus), but in MAME for example, you have horizontal and vertical images, so if you want a perfect fit into your borders, than either left and right sides of the horizontal snaps will be cutted, or top and bottom for your vertical snaps.

.... as well has the video ghosting around the bottom and side of the videos is just annoying if you ask me sorry Tom I'm not a fan of that feature. (Future request ability to disable that) :D

yeah thats some point, i dont like too. its ok, when the image is floating free on your theme, then you get a somehow shadow-fx of the image. but it can look ugly, if you want to "skin" the image. dont like that at all ;)

@u-man,

So you think if i chose another resolution for my theme, say 1920 x 1080, I would have a better fit for my titles/snaps. Then I may be able to scale down my titles/snaps to fit in the background box correctly

it depends on how big the field (for the snaps, videos etc.) in your graphic is. i see that you are switching your theme from 800x600 to 1920x1080. you should be aware that the aspect ratio changes, because you choosed a non compatible resolution. you can test this for yourself, if you make a perfect circle in a 800x600 picture and you scale the picture up to 1920x1080, then you will see that the circle is not perfect anymore... it is stretched. the same happens with your borders if you scale them up. the proportions of your borders will change, maybe to such a degree, that your snaps, videos, flyers etc. wont fit so perfect anymore.

you need to understand what aspect ratio means. the "image 1+2" is aspect ratio related. a quadratic "image" will remain quadratic, even if your "image" is a rectangle in your theme-editor. it will scale, but the proportions will remain. you will have just a bigger quadrat.

if you change your background, by changing the resolution of your theme, than the background will be "stretched" to fill the whole background. this way you CAN loose your proportions of the background-image if you choose a non-compatible resolution.

800x600 is a 4:3 proportion

1920x1080 is a 16:9 proportion

hope that helps ^_^;)