All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Need Advice With Image Sizes

KRC

I currently have about 40,000 image/snap files for GameEx, some are a little bit smaller than others and I wanted to know if a program exists where I can change the size of multiple images all at once so they are all the same size and all display correctly instead of some being smaller or bigger when displayed in GameEx.

I am sure that you can use an image conversion program. My concern is that, depending on the image format some will scale OK while most will distort or become pixelated. .svg (Scalable Vector Graphics) files are the best in that they will remain pretty much the same regardless of how they are scaled.

IrfanView is a pretty popular free app for batch manipulation of images. It has the benefit of being fairly user-friendly and has a good support community. For my part, I've become a big fan of ImageMagick for batch manipulation of images. There's a pretty big learning curve with it though, and you definitely need to feel comfortable using a command line interface.

GamEx automatically sizes your images to fit in a themes frame. As long as the image sizes are the same proportion to the canvas sizes, they will look the same when running GamEx.

There is a batch file system in Photoshop, but a pricey program if you don't already have it.

Finally got round to doing this, I used IrfanView, worked exactly as needed but didn't need it as much as I thought I would. But the program will come in handy in the future.