All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> Gameroom Theme Released!!!<<<

Must be screwed on somewhat ok as your themes look really nice. Definately going to use them for my Sega Genesis games. You going to do all 500+ games for that system....Hahaha You might lose your head if you do. I know my theme was quite ambitious but the results seem to worth it if we get more people to make themes like you and starbuck are making. This thing could just take off.

Here is a avi file showing Krakerman's Gameroom theme in action. I worked on Sega 32X themes for the theme today and so the avi shows that being used. I loft out several themes to show what the sceen will look like without a theme.

The video is choppy because I used a slow rate to reduce the size of the video, but the theme runs very smooth. Where I didn'tg have a theme done I used a placeholder with the games name for you to see what you can do with this great theme.

• Like 1

If you disable change views then your menu will be correctly positioned. On my system I don't have the please wait enabled either.

Thanks for the demo btw just a few tweaks I think you need to make for it to look perfect. Later I will make a video and you'll see what it looks like running on my setup. I did noticed you need to adjust the date and time for 32X. Copy and paste the MAME.ini info to your 32X and it will fix that. I also don't use the sort by feature on my system. You can hit a letter on the keyboard to skip to the games that begin with the letter that you pressed on the keyboard.

Looks great. Can't find where you sort by feature disable. Got the date and time fixed. What screen does your system go to have you select a game. I would like to see mine go to the normal Gameex screen where you can see the title, snap, etc. screen. Mine now goes to a blalnk screen with the video playing in the middle and thats all that shows.

May want to ask Cisco at Emumovies if we could post themes at his site. I added a folder under each of my folders by system that emumovies makes and thats where I point my setup to. If emumovies would download them as you update we could all submit them to his site and download as new one are posted.

@starbuck to remove the by manufacturer display/options goto setup wizard and select text/language and remove all the text for the By Manufacturer, By Name and By Category. Make sure you have Loading screen disabled as well as the Pleast Wait animation set to Don't Show these are located under the enable/disable features in the setup wizard.

I have 164 working emulators in Gameex and want to download the databases etc. If I disable "Please Wait animation" , while the databases etc are downloading ( which takes a bit) without the animation, it looks as if my screen as locked up because you can't see the "Please wait animation"

To remove the by manufacturer display/options, wouldn't it just be easier to have that selection bar gone from the theme???

I now have 17 emulators showing up in Gameroom with at lease 1 theme for each emulator. I uploaded the wheel paks from Hyperspin and put those in my theme folder. Then as a theme is made I just copy it over the one in the theme folder. I also am using map files on each of the emulators matching the names in the theme folder. That way each of the games show up in the Gameroom theme wheather I have it or not. On my test machine I only have 5 to 10 games for each emulator to conserve space. I have several external drives that house all the roms for each system.

One intersesting thing I've discovered is some emulators I have to use the cart path for and some the box ?????????

@starbuck I wanted to use map files but it has strange effects on the theme by ading in unwanted spaces. so you would have to press the down arrow twice to move to the next game. No I wanted the bar to be there so there are 3 options Back, Home and Exit. plus it would look funny since I wanted the date and time on the opposite side. This way it looks more uniform on both sides. I don't use database files so I will have a look more into that too see what I can come up with. Yes for the path I have no control over that as I would like to have an option in GameEx to select what displays in the theme editors Image1&2 box for each emulator you setup. I believe I have already requested that feature for Tom to add in.