All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] KRC2012 Theme

KRC

This is the only theme I am now working on, the other two I have made redundant. I am very happy with the way this theme has worked out, The theme is at about 20% complete, each emulator,program and option will all be branded with their respected logo and tweaking the theme in general. This theme for me is the way forward.

Oh yeah, there will be 2 versions of this theme, the first one will have all pages branded with .svg logos,and the second version will not have any branding for each page, emulators etc...

I like it very much and I hope you do to.

Theme Name : KRC2012

1024 x 768

As always a pre thanks to:

Draco_1982 - for his icons and expertise.

naborneo - for mentioning seeklogo, im using this site alot.

AlphaUMI - for making me think of the theme name.

Attached are some images.

• Like 1

Thumb up from me! :)

I like the color-combo choice!

You just reminded me of a site I use ALL THE TIME for designing. It's called Color Jack. http://mudcu.be/sphere/

It's literally a web based color wheel that shows you what colors go together, collide, neutral, compliment, ect...

This should be opened up first for every theme designer.

w2itm8.png

I use this for things also! As a matter of fact I used it for my Map File Maker's color scheme files. Way more efficient than using a hex chart for sure!

+1 on that!

As always a pre thanks to:

Draco_1982 - for his icons and expertise.

naborneo - for mentioning seeklogo, im using this site alot.

AlphaUMI - for making me think of the theme name.

You just reminded me of a site I use ALL THE TIME for designing. It's called Color Jack. http://mudcu.be/sphere/

It's literally a web based color wheel that shows you what colors go together, collide, neutral, compliment, ect...

This should be opened up first for every theme designer.

A very interesting program indeed. I think it could be useful in the future for me too, for example in deciding wich style I want for my desktop.

By the way, even if I'm not able to contribute actively and directly with themes, tools, etc. (I don't have any graphic or programming skill), it seems that I have a spell to stimulate your memory! Eheeh! :D

I have attached an image to show the next step of my theme creation, i have adjusted background layers and inserted .svg logos of a high quality, I have to do this 63 times to finish this step of my theme.

If it seems that im going a little slow it's because im doing all my GIMP editing with a 360 controller acting as a mouse/keyboard. Not as precise as a real mouse but does the job just fine.

Editing with a 360 Controller? I couldn't imagine it anymore than I could edit graphics using my toes and doing so behind my back! LOL!

Its not too bad once you get used to it, can be abit annoying when the analog stick slips because the analog stick is very sensitive.

Attached are some snaps of emulator pages. Im about halfway through this stage of merging system logos to the background.

Theme has been cleaned again for blemishes and white markings on frames have been removed.

• Like 1

I want to upload my theme in its basic version(without graphics etc..) So somebody can test it, would I need upload it in the theme section or upload it to.a share website, please keep in mind it's not finished yet and still needs alot of work.

Its up to you. I dont see a problem with a share web site if its not ready yet.

If you have trouble sharing/hosting it let me know.

Thanks for the advice, I or people could still use my basic version as a theme in itself.

All that's missing is images for the system name, character art and a 4th frame for more info(All of this I am working on.

Liking this theme very much!

A few questions if that's okay.

Is there any chance that the top border could be made larger? (So the video previews stand out more)

Could the theme be made at a larger resolution than the 800x600 it is at present. (1680x1050 would be great! :) )

The grey border/line at the bottom... Any chance that could be made slightly transparent? (Like the Windows Aero style)

Looking forward to version 2 with all the nice logos. Thanks.

Liking this theme very much!

A few questions if that's okay.

Is there any chance that the top border could be made larger? (So the video previews stand out more)

Could the theme be made at a larger resolution than the 800x600 it is at present. (1680x1050 would be great! :) )

The grey border/line at the bottom... Any chance that could be made slightly transparent? (To me, it just seems a bit too in the way)

Looking forward to version 2 with all the nice logos. Thanks.

I'll see what I can do, I was working on this theme yesterday, but im working on another theme at the same time and im also working on an icon set which will be revealed soon. Keep an eye on this thread.