All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[LOGOS] New 3D Logos

naborneo

No. To use one of the 3D models with a theme, you would put the folder with the .x file(s) of the same name as the logo file. GameEx will run the 3D file first if it is present, then video snap, then static snap...

oh..ok.. but that would be good news then. :)

i dont really understand, how the 3D cabs are working in gameex. the mview app is just a viewer or i am wrong?

so where would i make the 360 degree rotation animation of the cab for example? where i would set the light, textures etc?

is this all done in Sketchup? how can i convert a .x-file back to a Sketchup-file?

I just wanted to give one last heads up, I should be finishing up with these this weekend and will be packaging them with the new theme.

If there is anything you think I missed and would like in there let me know now. Take a look at the list at the beginning of this thread and let me know.

New theme should be out later next week.

oh..ok.. but that would be good news then. :)

i dont really understand, how the 3D cabs are working in gameex. the mview app is just a viewer or i am wrong?

so where would i make the 360 degree rotation animation of the cab for example? where i would set the light, textures etc?

is this all done in Sketchup? how can i convert a .x-file back to a Sketchup-file?

Sorry for the delayed response. I would recommend looking through the 3D Cabinets thread as many of your questions can be answered there. So far as the 3D modeling in Sketchup, I am afraid I am not able to help much with that as I was assisting Headkaze with some of the conversions of existing models..

I just wanted to give one last heads up, I should be finishing up with these this weekend and will be packaging them with the new theme.

If there is anything you think I missed and would like in there let me know now. Take a look at the list at the beginning of this thread and let me know.

Logos for portable systems would be a plus for me personally. I am using the logos that you've made for the systems that I have installed, but it's missing logos for the Nintendo DS, Nintendo Gameboy Color, and Nintendo Gameboy Advance. I'm sure others may have Wonderswan, Sega Game Gear, Neo-Geo Pocket Color.

i would like to have the logos in an editable format for sketchup. if you "deliver" them in the ".x"-file format, you cant further change things, you can only use them as "finished" work. you said that this could be possible, but you would need to delete the reflections maps and textures you used... for me that would not be a "drama", as long as i can change stuff myself (like including a rotation-animation or a more "less" extruded version of the logos, or a fix for your mentioned light problems). you would make me happy, if i can use your logos in Sketchup :) .

cant wait to have your great theme ;) .

Sorry for the delayed response. I would recommend looking through the 3D Cabinets thread as many of your questions can be answered there. So far as the 3D modeling in Sketchup, I am afraid I am not able to help much with that as I was assisting Headkaze with some of the conversions of existing models..

i read the the thread twice :D . but what i found out is, that you can not easily convert a .x-file back to a useable Sketchup-format :( . and my most important questions, how the animations and lighting in the 3D-cabinets are done, are not answered in the thread. i guess you do that in Sketchup. its not a big problem for me, but i dont like a 360 degree rotation on the cabs, as 99% are looking dull from the back :rolleyes: . i wouldnt show the backside of the cabs at all, a forth and back animation of a 180 degree rotation, would look nicer in my opinion. the same thing applies to the logos in this thread. i would like to have them in an editable-format ;) .

thanks anyway for answers and helping :)

Wow, these are awesome! I have two requests. You don't have to fulfill either, due to the spoiling amount of riches you have already provided. Could you make a Playstation logo, just the PSX original. Also, can you do 3d images of the game consoles themselves. I can provide you no assistance as far as supplying an image. I have no idea what those are and I am completely computer dumb! ha.

Also, can you do 3d images of the game consoles themselves. I can provide you no assistance as far as supplying an image. I have no idea what those are and I am completely computer dumb! ha.

if you click here 3D Cabinets

you will see that there are allready some 3D-consoles and Computers. maybe your request is answered ;) .

Wow, these are awesome! I have two requests. You don't have to fulfill either, due to the spoiling amount of riches you have already provided. Could you make a Playstation logo, just the PSX original. Also, can you do 3d images of the game consoles themselves. I can provide you no assistance as far as supplying an image. I have no idea what those are and I am completely computer dumb! ha.

Playstation is on my list, it's one of the last ones I'm doing, just haven't got to yet. Also there was a folder in that dropbox labeled "v2" where the current renders where being sent to, so If you didn't go diving threw there you wouldn't of saw the updated outputs(I've updated the link). But Console Games is in there.

2d8nxms.png

Logos for portable systems would be a plus for me personally. I am using the logos that you've made for the systems that I have installed, but it's missing logos for the Nintendo DS, Nintendo Gameboy Color, and Nintendo Gameboy Advance. I'm sure others may have Wonderswan, Sega Game Gear, Neo-Geo Pocket Color.

I think I can add on handheld, Never was a big screen handheld player, but I can spit them out.

Nintendo DS,

Nintendo Gameboy Color

Nintendo Gameboy Advance

Wonderswan

Sega Game Gear

Neo-Geo Pocket Color.

I was looking at IGN's top 25 consoles should I add:

3DO

Atari 5200

Atari 7800

Atari Jaguar

Colecovision

Intellivision

TurboGrafx-16

Xbox

??

Alright so "my" list is complete. I still need to take a look at the added ones and get to those next week, but here is my list, below is a contact sheet of them so you can see them all in one shot.

Just hit the "Spoiler" Button.

Also here is the link to the single files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1qbnbl1yot90ijc/A0juppl2qd

Have a good weekend everyone.

za4ns.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent Icons :) , Im abit wounded though because I tested a couple of these icons with the themes that im creating and they dont compliment my theme very well, My theme is kinda flat with a few raised areas, I think my next step is too create a theme that will compliment the icons you made. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...