All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Trying out LCARS-GE

celly

Although I'm not as gifted in the photoshop ways as some of our memebers are, I did try my hand at a theme but after seeing some of the entries into the competition I decided to scrap the idea totally. I've resurrected the idea again. This time with a Star Trek feel. LCARS (Library Computer Access/Retrieval System) is the computer that is used in Star Trek TNG and others. Yes, I'm a total Star Wars nerd but the computer in STTNG has always been rad to me.

Here is the general idea behind the LCARS-GE (the GE obviously for GameEx).

post-5530-0-91739300-1330412697_thumb.pn

Like I said, this is just the basic idea. My knowledge and experience behind Theme Editor isn't very good so it might take me some time. Hopefully have an entry before the competition ends.

Thoughts and feedback please.

OK you have hit one of my sweet spots!

You may be interested in these links:

Okudagrams - The authority on LCARS colors and configs.

LCARS Standards Development Board - what it says

I also have some links to a great screensaver that supports single and dual monitor configs with varying LCARS displays. I say go for it! It is an idea I have toyed with off and on for a while so color me excited to see someone else interested! Let me know if you need any help regarding!

One of my finalist for my control panel was modeled on the LCARS!

Are you planning on publicly releasing the theme?

I dont know if you want any ideas but it would be cool if you could match the text in the background and format the game list font/color to match. Then put it in the middle and work the blocks around the text and icons so it looks like an independant section.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes this will be a public release once it's completed. I'm not quite there yet though.

[EDIT] SCRAPPED. This will not be released or finished. Sorry.

Edited by celly