All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Arcade Ambiance issue

Krakerman

In the setup wizard it seems you can't select your own arcade ambiance mp3 file. The default seems to be c:\programdata ???? I have a bunch of arcade ambiance mp3's and want to use them. I tried manually pointing to them but it doesn't work.

Such as c:\GameEx\arcade86.mp3 but no audio???

I remember this was missing before but I thought it was addressed already? It's not anywhere if you search "ambience" in the Setup Wiz?

I have the ambience playing when I installed GameEx the default which is kinda starnge in the setup wizard it just has the like c:\programdata for the arcade ambience mp3. If I enter my own it doesn't work. The funny thing is I can't find any folder or file in my C:\ directory called programdata but when I use that filename it works. Strange .....

What I mean is in the setup wizard it just says programdata and doesn't even have the filename. The file is actually arcade.ogg not arcade.mp3 in that folder.

So if I understand correctly I have to move all my mp3's to that folder no matter what the filenames are? Also do I need to convert them to .ogg or leave as .mp3?

Should be .mp3 format. Also, a change was made a while back to point to a folder path as opposed to a specific ambience file . This was an enhancement request so that GameEx would load at random from multiple files instead of just one file. You should be able to change the folder to one of your choice.

You need to specify a path and not single file with recent releases. Maybe the popup help did not state that? Both mp3 and ogg are supported as opposed to previously just MP3.

It does actually say it's a folder "Specifically for Arcade Ambiance Arcade.mp3 from http://arcade.hofle.com/. MP3 files in this folder play in the background at all times."

• 1 year later...

i cannot get my ambiance file to play in gamex no matter what i do, it used to play fine but since upgrade to latest gamex version it wont play anymore. any help please

Hi, did you actually read this topic? With recent versions of GameEx you need to change the setting to specify a folder instead of a file with the "Setup Wizard". If that is not the issue let us know.

Cheers.

Tom.