All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Oh How I Love Tax Time!

Kustom Kid

So we got a decent return back this year. After paying off our bills, stashing some cash away, allotting money for a kitchen update and new living room furniture, we still had some fun money left over. I bought an Elocity A7 tablet for my wife and a Silicondust HDHomerun Prime for all of us. The tablet was $130 for a refurb unit at Microcenter. Let me tell you, once you flash the ElocityMod rom on it it's amazing. It runs like $400 tablet. Amazing. If you're looking for an inexpensive tablet and you're comfortable with tinkering with stuff like flashing the rom it's an incredible deal. The touch screen in resistive and not capacitive, so its not a true multitouch, but somehow it's able to register multitouch gestures like pinching to zoom. It blows the Kindle Fire out of the water and Flash video is smoother than on the Samsung Galaxy Tab. The homerun prime is just because we've had local channels only on the Media Center for the last two years and it's time to splurge a little bit (that and it's only $15 more a month for 150+ channels). Ok I just had to tell someone that would appreciate the electronic goodness, because most of my RL friends wouldn't understand the awesomeness.

Good spend. My return was pretty good also. I got a much needed new video card and the rest went to some important things around the house like, rekeying the locks and curtains. Curtains are very important. :angry:

My return hasn't come back yet. I made $2000 less cash this year, yet was charged $200 more in taxes. :( Plus, my return this year is like $400 less back than last year too. I hate taxes. I don't get nearly enough back to make it useful for anything. I might buy a new pair of glasses, if I'm lucky. I was hoping I could get enough back to get something really nice, like a new camera. Oh well. Guess thats what I get for working part time.