All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Kinect for Windows released!

Krakerman

All my Kinect does is make my TV look like a weird version of Johnny 5 from Short Circuit. I had hoped it would make navigating around the Xbox, which we use for a WMC extender, easier, but we found that it's a lot easier to use a controller/remote.

Yeah I bought one after seeing all the cool projects that people have used them on but I've never found the time to really play with it. Is the PC version any different than the console version other than being more expensive? My console Kinect works fine on my PC with the right drivers.

Stu

I moved this topic to the Social Club forum as the discussion is less directly related to GameEx proper. Requests for enhanced GameEx capabilities to take advantage fot his controller can be submitted to the Pinned & Hot Topics forum under Feature & Enhancement Requests.

I could see this as being cool, if you could map your movements in the NES Super Mario Bros. game or something along those lines. K-Man, was there a list of games that where going to be released specificly for the PC using the Kinect? The website you linked to says nothing about that.

You may want to take a look at FAAST as this appears to be program that allows one to map motions to commands, etc. for games not originally intended to use the Kinect. Also, NIGameController which does similar. I would imagine that now that the SDKs are out and official support is available, we will see an explosion of software interfaces for use with all sorts of programs.