All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Future Pinball ?

Krakerman

Ok guys I just had to re-format my system once again due to some issues that needed to be fixed. Now when I re-installed Future Pinball it seems that the backbox won't display on the second monitor even thou I have it enabled, but nothing appears on that monitor.

Any clue why? The game table shows up on monitor 1.

Hi, future pinball is really pickie about drivers, the 260.99 nvidia ones work for a second screen but any newer ones wont display.

The beta 290.43 (think 43) one works on my system but any inbetween dont.

If you are on ati then i dont have a clue sorry.

The other thing is that you have ticked the box to enable the backbox?.

Hope this is of some help.

Another thing I noticed with this new card is before with the ATI 5850 when booting up the system the BIOS display would show up on both monitors now it will display only on monitor 2 when booting up then when it gets to the desktop monitor 2 goes black and monitor 1 displays the welcome desktop then monitor 2 comes back on when the desktop loads. Any way to get it to show on both monitors when booting? It works on monitor 1 if I unplug monitor 2 of course. monitor 1 is HDMI and monitor 2 is DVI if that makes a difference, but before the ATI shows both when booting???

I believe you are stuck with how it is going to load. I have a similar issue with my nVidia if I have monitor 1 selected as the HDMI connection with monitor 2 as DVI or VGA. Otherwise, when loading with Monitor 1 as DVI and 2 as VGA, monitor 2 is blank while the system loads and displays the bootup/logon via Monitor 1. The only way to have the boot show on both would be to clone your display to where what shows on Monitor 1 shows on Monitor 2 - which is what you do not want to do in this case. I would have to say that the load you were seeing on the ATI 5850 was an exception and not the rule for most GPUs in a multiple monitor arrangement.

I have had no problems with my nVidia GPUs and FP otherwise.

I would have to say that the load you were seeing on the ATI 5850 was an exception and not the rule for most GPUs in a multiple monitor arrangement.

That may be an ATI thing too since I know mine behaves this way. If I use 2 monitors and HDMI as well the bootscreen shows on all three.

Well someone over on vpforums mentioned to try 270.61 drivers so I will give it a go and report back with you all.

UPDATE! Well no go as those drivers say couldn't find compatible hardware. After further testing it seems like Future Pinball runs the Backbox then loses focus so I have to click my mouse on monitor 1 for it detect keyboard presses but for some reason it just won't display the backbox. Oh well no big deal just would of been cool to have it work.

What do you see as fp is loading, is the splash displayed on both screens or is the backbox just black?.

Also what happens if you ALT-TAB?. will it appear? and also if you do a print screen are both screens showing up?.

I had the focus issues you mentioned on a win 7 box once, had to mouse onto the screen before any key press would register.

To fix it i played about with the properties of the shortcut and whatever i changed at the time fixed it.

Future pinball does work fine on all the drivers apart from the backglass not showing up, if your only on one screen then its not a problem.

Dont know what card you have krakerman and i dont want to harp on about 260.99 ( and boy can i harp) but here is a thread about working drivers...

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13272&highlight=driver&page=3

Of course if the image is just hidden out of focus then this is just mute.

As you say it would be cool to get it to work. :)