All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

X-Arcade Tansktick for Christmas - Lots of Joy!

Draco1962

I will admit that one of my weaknesses is setting up controllers for emus. Supposedly, the X-Arcade Tankstick is set to run "out of the box" with MAME but this is not the case for me. I may need someone to help me in troubleshooting the issue.

I tested both online and with the Java Mode 1 test apps and the sticks and buttons all register correctly, but I have no stick and just a few buttons that work within MAME proper. I have setup & tested with several different controller cfg files for the X-Arcade as well as having made the recommended mods to CORE INPUT OPTIONS in mame.ini.

I am at work now but any assistance tonight or during the week will be much appreciated. Maybe someone that has the Tankstick installed can share their controller cfg file with me.

Ive got a couple of the 2 players ones without trackball, and it was just a case of setting the correct cfg file for MAME for me. So sorry, I cant help. The cfg even automatically set it up for games like Roboton and Smah TV. It should be the same for the tankstick but just enable the mouse. Also. I know it used to be a requirement to have numlock ON.

Yeah, I confirmed mouse enabled and numlock on. One thing I haven't tried is pluggin it into the USB ports on the back of the PC (the instructions said that it only works with those as opposed to the front- not sure why but will give that a shot next.

• 4 weeks later...

The configs are not OS specific so you should be fine with XP. First you will need to extract the file to your \mame\ctrlr folder, then you will have to go into MAME and and select the config for XArcade under the Default Game Options>Controllers tab.

i have been trying for afew weeks now and i got all the games and emulators to work but now i cant get my x-arcade controller to work with any game. the only thing i get is the player 1button to work and even that is is wrong it is working as enter. PLZ HELP

The above download has the X-Arcade control config that will work with MAME or other MAME-like arcade emulators. For specific console emulators, NES SNES GEN or other, you'll need to configure the controls within the emulator itself. What emulators are you trying to get the controls to work in?