All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME - WIP] Confluence:GEX Theme

Chazz

ConfulanceTitle.png

ConfulanceStart.jpg

ConfulanceMusic.jpg

ConfulanceVideo.jpg

Confluence:GEX - coming soon

A new theme for GameEx based on the XMBC Confluence theme.

Please let me know if you have any comments, questions or suggestions. I still have quite a bit of work to do.

Questions/Requests:

- Full Text Formatting - I know this is a pretty popular request, but we'd be able to do so much more if we could control the style of all the text:

[FONTS]
TitleFont=Ariel
TitleFontSize=24
TitleFontStyle=0
TitleFontAlignment=Right
TitleFontColor=ffffff
MenuFont=Ariel
MenuFontSize=24
MenuFontStyle=0
MenuFontAlignment=Right
MenuFontColor=ffffff
ListFont=Ariel
ListFontSize=24
ListFontStyle=0
ListFontAlignment=Right
ListFontColor=ffffff

- Can you use custom images for the weather? Maybe a rain.png, snow.png, sunny.png image? Can the weather be split into two objects? Maybe WeatherImage and WeatherText. We might be able to do some neat things with the weather if they were separate.

- Maybe an option for stretching images and videos?

ImageStretch=true
Image2Stretch=false

- Does anyone have a master theme.ini file? Has anyone made a FAQ on the theme.ini file. I do most of my work by editing the file rather then the theme editor.

...more questions to come!

• Like 6

+1 for weather icons! Its in the pipe already. ;)

We got a chart for what icon represents what weather condition. Happy to share with ya!

Thanks for all words of support!

I'm working on the menu for videos, and wondering if I can change what's what for the images/videos.

I'd like Image1 to be the snapshot that is currently being used as the thumbnail in the menu list, and I'd like the poster art to be the image in the image list so when you're scrolling through the movies it's the poster art, and not the screen shot. Can I change what Image2 could be? Either video preview or another image. Would I need to have a image file with the video for it to show up correctly?

Can I change what Image2 could be? Either video preview or another image. Would I need to have a image file with the video for it to show up correctly?

Yes, you can actually but it's a bit messy right now. This could be better handled in an update, though... Yes, you would need to have an image file and it would have to be the same name as the video file for it to show up directly.

Still working away. Might be put on hold for a bit until some of the new GameEx features come out, or I may do a Lite version.

If 'Santa Tom' is listening... maybe font options and image/video stretching for Christmas? ;)

In my opinion your theme is amazing as it appears in the screenshots. Can I suggest to release a 1.0 version, and possibly (hopefully) wait for Tom or Ben to implement the desired feautures? It wouldn't be a pain to update your theme with the newest features when they will be available...

In the meantime, my compliments for your work... keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chazz, if you are still around, any news about your project? I really hope you didn't give up!

Sincerly, I'm following all the "work in progress" projects that you graphic-talented guys are developing, I like them all (no rethoric here), more or less, they are very attractive and well-conceived, and I eager to use some new themes as soon as they will be released. Only thing is that all of them are game-oriented, and that's all for good, of course, but I would be happy to see an HTPC-oriented theme like this in action...

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful

Thank-you Sir!

Loving some of the new features! Would it be possible to have an option for the new Static Start Page menu to align to the right or middle?

Also, on the start page when changing items the Image kinda does this Zoom thing. Is there a way to turn this off, or even better, fading between images?

Great port of the Confluence theme, Chazz! I agree if we had more control over the text (colors, sizes, and fonts for each text element) as well as the types of menu displays (The "ribbon" view is nice, but would prefer to see more of a "Cover View" style that can be ordered anywhere on the screen horizontaly or vertically) we could see a wider variety of themes in play and more towards the HTPC side of the spectrum.

geeps, this is amazing, so colour-full, cant wait for a version 1.0 to be released.

+1 from me. :)