All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

For those that use/ have used Media Center Studio

T-Jay

As some of you may/maynot be aware, media center studio (a proggy for themeing your mce7) hasn't been updated for a while.

I have found news of a workaround, the details can be found here:

http://www.hack7mc.com/2011/11/media-center-studio-installation.html

and here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1366982

I have tried it myself and it does still work (Yay!) At least this is workaround until some-one might take over as dev.

Has it been updated at all? I have it installed, and use it some times to move around the items on my home/start page. The version I have, when loaded and displayed in the title bar, is BETA (0.0.6.5). Is this the latest one thats hosted?

I will have to give it another go. Itried the workaround once and could not get the program to work. I also have concerns about using it as it seems that MS always breaks it with their updates and, since nobody is currently supporting it for any patches, I find it hard to commit to it.

The MCEfix.exe has to run on every startup so that win7 doesn't break mce studio.

Also that is actually the last update until the website fell into the ether. It ain't the best, as mce keeps breaking the software (mcefix EVERY time you move something just to be sure!!!)

It seems that the guy who came up with it has taken down his site/ran out of bandwidth/got bored/add another comment and the code with him, and has left a lot of people in the lurch with it. (no-one knows where he is :unsure:

When it comes down to software creation and keeping up with the community some guys have got it....and errmmmm some guys do not :(

I will have to give it another go. Itried the workaround once and could not get the program to work. I also have concerns about using it as it seems that MS always breaks it with their updates and, since nobody is currently supporting it for any patches, I find it hard to commit to it.

Did you create the apps\2.0 folders before putting in the unzipped folder (named $%^^^&^^8whateverthesymbolswehre) into \users\USERNAME\appdata\apps\2.0? I had to create those, run the fixmce.exe tomake sure, and it worked.

That was on the second go though... :blink:

Having tried a few different Media Center theme programs, personally, I think MCS is the best, even with all of its faults. As T-Jay said as long as you run MCEfix whenever you change something it works as good as gold. Every once in a while it will start up on the wrong tile, but that's the only problem I've had with it. Currently I'm running two Xbox 360's as extenders off of my main PC to host and it's been great for the last 2 years.