All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

No Image Found?

Krakerman

Seached all thru GameEx and looks like there is no such option. That is unfortunate as I will need to create an image for every game that doesn't have a marquee which would take alot of time and HD space. Does anyone know a fast way to do this?

Seached all thru GameEx and looks like there is no such option. That is unfortunate as I will need to create an image for every game that doesn't have a marquee which would take alot of time and HD space. Does anyone know a fast way to do this?

No fast way I can think of, Mi Amigo. First, I would recommend downloading Tempest's SkinnyMatch and run that against your MAME ROM and Marquees Paths to identify which ROMs do not have a matching marquee image. Next, and this is what is going to take time, I would suggest either creating one of your own or using the NO_IMAGE.png in your LOGO path. Easiest way from here is load it in your image editor (scale if you wish), and then save it as ROMNAME.png for each ROM not matched in the marquees path.

This is exactly why we need it added to GameEx to make this process painless. Tom if at all possible can you add the feature to GameEx so we don't have to have a million images for mame roms that we don't have images for. So we can have a no image found of our choice for cabs, marquees, snap, titles, ect ect.

Or, instead of having GameEx creating a patch for the missing images, have you considered looking for the missing marquees, etc. and creating your own? While I agree that it wouldn't take much possibly for the option to be expanded for the paths other than the snaps, I would much rather see the actual artwork.

When we are talking about thousand or hundreds and even hard to find images for that matter it just makes sense to have a patch. I for one don't have a life time to spend hunting those all down. I have created a generic marquee which would look great for the missing ones in my theme or anyone elses theme for that matter.

Isn't this feature implemented in each emulator so why not MAME?

All I'm doing is asking for a feature that will be very helpful in the creation of our themes and would be a great addition to GameEx.

Trust me, I understand and think it would be a great feature to expand the No Image Found capability to all image/video graphics. Keep in mind that I often like to play "Devil's Advocate" at times to further draw out pros and cons of a situation. B)