All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 12.21

Tom Speirs

Awesome Tom,thanks! but on a side note what are the chances of GameEX supporting history.dat,mame & mess info.dat? I do know of a few people who may have passed on GameEX as their FE of choice because of its lack of supporting those 3 files.Alot of people (usually people just getting into MAME\MESS) seem to like reading all the history and trivia (myself included)!! ;)

Thanks Tom, these updates are much appreciated.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think a recent update has caused a problem though. I've set up screensaver mode to show a game/retro advert every 3 games, but when they've finshed showing the advert, it freezes on the last frame and doesn't close the video These videos are generally MP4 and FLV I've collected from Youtube. When loading the next game in the screensaver problems arise, with almost every emulator having errors pop up. Removing videos from screensaver mode solves the problem. But those retro adverts were pretty cool.

I used a lot of drugs in my days as a house/dubstep/jungle DJ. Munshrooms is a new one on me though. Life in 1000 FPS sounds kinda fun!

Now for business... any chance of letting us customize the "touch screen to start" crawler in attract mode? I would love your new features on my cab but it looks like I'm an idiot with a touchscreen message on a monitor that doesn't support it and is behind glass. :)

I could change it to press a button to continue. No reason I should miss out on time and weather just because I use a more traditional setup. ;)

Yup. I had to manually edit the Gameex.ini file for the text to show. It now shows my edit in the Text field when I load Setup Wizard again.

EDIT: I made a subsequent edit and this time it edited my edited text as entered. Weirdness!:blink:

One thing I have been noticing is the mouse pointer is still showing. It looks like it's working in reverse when you change the settings under the touch screen .... hide mouse pointer to no it then hides the pointer, but when you have it to yes then it shows the pointer. Shouldn't that be the other way around in the setup wizard?

Very cool! Can I get this screen to go to my 2nd monitor in GameExtender while the old MAME attract mode runs games on the first? Like a hybrid of both screensavers for the ultimate in GameExtender sexiness? :)

You could even drop the seconds on GameExtender and refresh won't be an issue! Is possible?

And btw: does this use my bak.PNG or does it have it's own? You know me, customize everything and what not. :)

One thing I have been noticing is the mouse pointer is still showing. It looks like it's working in reverse when you change the settings under the touch screen .... hide mouse pointer to no it then hides the pointer, but when you have it to yes then it shows the pointer. Shouldn't that be the other way around in the setup wizard?

Is that relaed to this release? Are you using a touchscreen? That setting has no effect unless you have touchscreen support turned on?

I won't be anywhere near 1k but I'm still gonna try it! I'll post the FRAPS count. :)

I did notice that this morning the load time was alot faster and the logo fade-in was nice and smooth. I usually get a little hiccup at the end of my introsound.wav and that's gone as well. She's a lot cleaner and smoother!! :)

Wait, you expect me to actually play something? Lol!

It only took 3 seconds before, but now that you mention it... The only time I really see any slowdown is when it queries the Arcade DB. :)