All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Xpadder setup

Krakerman

Ok guys bear with me as I switched from Pinnacle Game Profiler over to Xpadder due to some issues recently that have been just pissing me off. So anyways I got Xpadder setup and created a profile for Future Pinball. Now my ? is how do I setup Xpadder within GameEx to run Xpadder with the profile for Future Pinball that I setup? I named the profile "Future_Pinball" within Xpadder.

Also do I setup Xpadder in the config by checking run at startup minimized or check the box for startup minimized (if started by user)

I have the following in GameEx under launch before:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\XPadder\Xpadder.exe" future_pinball /m

and Launch After:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\XPadder\Xpadder.exe" /c

but that doesn't work at all as nothing happens. I even tried without the quotes and notta. Frustration continues hopefully and I'm sure you guys will have an easy fix for me.

Thanks

You need a bat file. Here's mine for two controllers to help get you started although you'll have to make changes (set this up in the emu's advanced config):

Also Launch:

::Launch Xpadder (Future Pinball Profile)
@echo off
::Browse to the directory Xpadder is in
F:
cd "F:\xpadder\"
::Begin Xpadder and Minimize the Window
start "" xpadder.exe "FutPB-1" "FutPB-1" /M

Launch On Exit

::Kill Xpadder
@echo off
::Browse to the directory Xpadder is in
F:
cd "F:\xpadder\"
::Kill it!
start "" xpadder.exe /C

For whatever reason I seem to remember GameEx doesn't like Xpadder in the "also launch" unless you load a blank profile when GameEx starts. I use Xpadder for the GameEx navigation too, so I can't tell you if it still behaves that way or not. Just try the above method and I'll be happy to help you tweak it if you need it. :)

Doesn't work within GameEx, but outside GameEx I ran that bat files and it works.

In the launch before and after do I just put in directory to the bat files like:

C:\GameEx\Batch Files\Xpadder\Future Pinball Open.bat

C:\GameEx\Batch Files\Xpadder\Future Pinball Close.bat

?

Also when Future Pinball runs the loading screen disappears when I do this, but outside GameEx it doesn't.

Okay.

Make a blank xpadder profile. Call it default or whatever. In the tweaks section of GameEx have it load the blank profile under Launch On Startup (Don't Wait)... You can alter the FP bat to load Default instead and plug it in there. Then after FP pinball exits (launch after) change your bat file command line to Xpadder.exe "Default" /M

I forgot it was partly because launching xpadder causes your emu to lose focus for some reason... but switching profiles works. :)

You'll need to drop in the command to close xpadder in the Launch On Exit for GameEx using the bat file that closes it (should be under the launch on startup field in tweaks/performance).

Doesn't work within GameEx, but outside GameEx I ran that bat files and it works.

In the launch before and after do I just put in directory to the bat files like:

C:\GameEx\Batch Files\Xpadder\Future Pinball Open.bat

C:\GameEx\Batch Files\Xpadder\Future Pinball Close.bat

?

Also when Future Pinball runs the loading screen disappears when I do this, but outside GameEx it doesn't.

I had this exact same problem (You can pretty much skip the wall of text, just skip down to fRequEnCy's solution). I think these commands should work for you:

start "" "C:\GameEx\Batch Files\Xpadder\Future Pinball Open.bat"

start "" "C:\GameEx\Batch Files\Xpadder\Future Pinball Open.bat"

I think either this or Adultery's solution should do the trick for you (two solutions to achieve the same end)

I posted my setup a couple weeks ago for a similar question. In essence, I've found that GameEx and XPadder don't like to work the way they claim they should. XPadder says that you can load a profile(s) on startup and use a switch to kill it once it's running. I've never been able to get that to work. So, instead of messing with it, I chose an alternate path. I have a startup script that loads a bunch of stuff when turning on the computer. One of those things is loading XPadder. When GameEx starts, I have it load a blank profile for my gamepads and a "GameEx" profile for my CP (used for navigation). When I load a game, I have GameEx load a blank profile for the CP since MAME can use the controls directly. When I return to GameEx, I have it load the "GameEx" config again. The same thing happens for console games except with the gamepads.

In other words, rather than loading XPadder each time I need it and killing it when I don't, I just load a blank profile when it's not needed. That eliminates some time for the program to load and dramatically increased the reliability of the system.

Looks like I didn't post any code. Here's the other thread:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=10469&view=findpost&p=80105

As I recall, it's just using the standards switches in GameEx to load the profile. I don't remember the syntax ATM, but it's something like "xpadder.exe -m <profile1> <profile2> <profile3>". IIRC, -m is minimize and there may be some other switch before the profiles. You'll have to check for the proper format.

I found that when I had multiple joysticks on the system, XPadder didn't always keep them in the same order. As a result, sometimes my Rumblepads would load first and have the profile for my CP loaded. Other times, the CP would be first and things would run fine. If I loaded XPadder with just the standard command and sent a second command to load the profile after it was started, everything worked right every time.

I use/love Display Fusion. :) I use it to display a recreated and expanded high rez version of my marquee on my 2nd monitor. Does the job quite well.

It is awesome program but for some reason when you have it running with GameEx and PGP and I try to run Future Pinball or any other program for that matter with a PGP profile PGP won't detect the game until you click the mouse button for some reason kinda like it loses focus on monitor 1 is best how to describe it. So now I don't have Display Fusion run on windows startup anymore and everything works fine.