All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Faded, shadow of video behind video snaps

Necromancyr

Hmm. I haven't noticed but I think I know what you mean. It looks like an oldschool 3D effect where a box has another box behind it and looks like a drop shadow kinda right?

I have an idea about it... try disabling the foreground topmost setting and see if it still does it. It never did it before this feature was added, maybe my hunch is correct. :)

Bummer. Yeah I noticed on my cab but it's hard to see in my theme unless I look close. If it really is rendering the video twice, its definitely a bug that consumes extra CPU unnecessarily and probably needs to be addressed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I kinda like the effect. I find that it adds a little extra dimension to the display (i.e. drop shadow). Any chance that it can be set to enable/disable so those of us that like it can enable it via Theme Editor or display settings via Setup Wizard?

I kinda like the effect. I find that it adds a little extra dimension to the display (i.e. drop shadow). Any chance that it can be set to enable/disable so those of us that like it can enable it via Theme Editor or display settings via Setup Wizard?

The majority rules on this one. I dont want to add a setting for something so minor. With the latest change its going to be just enabled in v3 and v1 themes.

hoooraaay.... ok, sorry for that :P;) .

@draco: if you want such a effect, you can do it in your background picture.

myself see it like Adultery, its something that just uses extra CPU, as it is no shadow exactly, its more a copy of the video and behind the original video. no offense to Tom, you do your best and 99% is a good job done, but a dropshadow with no softness at all, is somehow mmmmh... cheesy :rolleyes: . i appreciate your effort to remove this "feature" a lot, or better say, all your effort regarding our wishes. you (and many others) are the best.... really.

oh, it seems you misunderstood me. with the background image, i meant the background of your theme. this can only work, if the videos are NOT floating free in your theme and have some frame or something similar. then you could make a nice dropshadow for your frame, border or whatever ;) . hope that was clear enough.

I understand and it will depend on the theme.. The present one I am working on is an HTPC - Simple theme with minimal foreground and background elements and menus, lists, snaps, and vids will be free-floating.

ok, thats sad :( . i mean you could still make a dropshadow in your background-theme-picture, but if you select another game later, you would see just the dropshadow for a short time, which will not look nice... and you have problems for horizontal and vertical MAME games, as the dropshadow can only fit one style.

and what if you change your theme to V3 ? i dont know the differencies at all, but Tom said, he will keep the feature within these versions.

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now marked as Resolved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.