All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

3DO players

mesk

What nobody like the 3DO? it had 1 or 2 good games....maybe LOL :D

It still blows my mind that this POS system was over $700 in 1993 when it was released.thats what about $2500 in todays dollars with all the awesome inflation?

Wasn't there a giant turd of a Zelda game released for the 3DO? I remember some guy buying one at the store years ago. The employees were amazed he was plopping down all that money.

No,you are thinking of the Philips CD-R...another wonderful "all in one" entertainment box from the mid 90's...lol just as expensive as the 3DO and about the same shitty quality..;)

Actually it was three: Zelda Adventure, The Faces of Evil, and The Wand of Gamelon. And yes all three were shitty. Somehow someone greenlighted all three of these massive turds that I as a huge fan of the series don't even acknowledge. I have spent some time on Faces and the Wand titles at a friend's and may play them again someday (the cutscenes were actually cool), but as I recall Adventure got thrashed by every reviewer ever. Not even interested in trying it out.

Much like me being a huuuge Mario fan and refusing to admit they made a movie. It never happened. Seriously! :)

Actually it was three: Zelda Adventure, The Faces of Evil, and The Wand of Gamelon. And yes all three were shitty. Somehow someone greenlighted all three of these massive turds that I as a huge fan of the series don't even acknowledge. I have spent some time on Faces and the Wand titles at a friend's and may play them again someday (the cutscenes were actually cool), but as I recall Adventure got thrashed by every reviewer ever. Not even interested in trying it out.

Much like me being a huuuge Mario fan and refusing to admit they made a movie. It never happened. Seriously! :)

hey adultery how bout that mario game for the CD-I,hotel mario? this was another disgrace

http://videogamecritic.net/cdiel.htm#Hotel_Mario

Edited by Adultery
*fixed the link. ;)

I remember sellling them during my brief stint at Software Etc. (Bought out by Babbage's). They hardly moved. It probably didn't help that I pushed for the Nintendo and Sega consoles heavier (more titles, better support and program quality, etc.).

Even though they gave Mario Hotel a C+, for some reason I feel compelled to try it out. I'm a sucker for puzzle games! Of course they can't all be Super Puzzle Fighter. I've come to terms with that. Lol!

I remember sellling them during my brief stint at Software Etc. (Bought out by Babbage's). They hardly moved. It probably didn't help that I pushed for the Nintendo and Sega consoles heavier (more titles, better support and program quality, etc.).

I miss Software, Etc. The one I went to had the best employees of any tech type store I've been to before or since.

Other than the inter-store politics and our lame-o district manager, it was alright for part-time work. I loved some of the smarmy techie-types that told me I would NEVER get Windows 95 to work on a 386 DX with 4 MB RAM. I had batch files running batch files tweaking memory on a per-game basis to prove them wrong.