All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] New faster hosting

Tom Speirs

Hope the transition was a smooth one! :)

It was not without the odd issue but overall it was pretty smooth. I took care of it all and had to transfer nearly a terrabyte across the net.

I think Jeremy will be doing an announcment shortly too as EmuMovies content (the majority of the transfer) was also migrated.

So far so good but its early days ;)

We generally have better network connectivity for all now and a more resiliant storage system so it is good for everyone.

Always good to hit a few snags. Keeps ya sharp. :)

Man, I'd be migrating for weeks with a TB! Lol! So you two sharing a dedicated server then? That's pretty sweet! Lower BW costs and higher speeds are always a plus.

Well what do ya know! You guys are more business savvy than I gave you credit for!

I guess it makes sense now that I think about it with the Games Database tapping EmuMovies artwork.

Two of my favorite sites are roomies! :)

Brilliant news gets a +1 from a uk user :)

Thanks to all.

Just curious, what sort of speed do you get if you do a manual download?

just tried it then i only get between 30-70 kb/sec i have a 2 meg connection it seem to stay round 30 kb most of the time ... some time ago it was a lot quicker , i dont know what has changed

I'm sorry to hear that in other part of the world things are not always better, but I can confirm that here in Europe (Italy) the site is 30-40% faster to browse. I'll try the download speed later.

just tried it then i only get between 30-70 kb/sec i have a 2 meg connection it seem to stay round 30 kb most of the time ... some time ago it was a lot quicker , i dont know what has changed

Occasional low-download speed could happen from time to time. This can be caused by several temporary reasons. It already happened to me, too, to download GameEx or GameEx extra content from the site at 30-70 kbps, but in the majority of times the speed was considerably higher. You could just try several times in different hours to get a more precise idea of what's happening in Australia.

I'm sorry to hear that in other part of the world things are not always better, but I can confirm that here in Europe (Italy) the site is 30-40% faster to browse. I'll try the download speed later.

Occasional low-download speed could happen from time to time. This can be caused by several temporary reasons. It already happened to me, too, to download GameEx or GameEx extra content from the site at 30-70 kbps, but in the majority of times the speed was considerably higher. You could just try several times in different hours to get a more precise idea of what's happening in Australia.

its been like that for me for a long time i'm talking a year if not more

its been like that for me for a long time i'm talking a year if not more

Maybe it was quicker when the server was in Germay. That would have been about a year ago. When it was in Germany we had slow speeds to the US. Its quite difficult I have found to get good speeds everywhere in the world unfortunatly.