All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Ebooks...

hansolo77

I am really impressed with ComicReader and have added it to my group of programs. Can't wait to relive The Amazing Spider-Man from the beginning... and Fantastic FOur, and X-Men, and Thor, and Iron Man, and... and....!

Just a quick FYI - the eBook reader can read .cbr,. .cbz, and does a pretty decent job. As noted before in a few other threads, there is interest in being able to read two pages side-by-side which would be a nice enhancement

+1 for this!

Yeah I downloaded a cbz to see if it would at least work. I don't know why it just seemed to hang when I tried to do it with my photography ebook. It's probably because comics are only (at most) 25 or so pages, and this book is over 100. Probably takes a while to render everything out with the ghost script thing Tom is using.

You're most likely right han. I did not try this program, but rendering is something that affects every software like this. And (I suppose) single file must be extracted (in a temporary folder or in memory) before they can be displayed. No software reads them "on the fly" (neither WinRAR).

Yeah. I'm just going to assume that was why it didn't work. I'm not in any big hurry to try and get this to work. Using CDisplay works well enough, and for a regular comic, the built in ebook reader also works. I just think for a LARGER work (like an actual book..) that is in jpg format rather than pdf, a separate app just works better.

PDF tends to be a resource hog (blame it on Adobe). All most comic books are is jpgs in an orderly naming series. If you zip them as cbz or cbr, then they can be read sequentially.

@Null - I am loving ComicRack, BTW. It has been ages since I really enjoyed a good comic book. It's a bit ironic how we have become so complex in our hobbies to enjoy the simple things.that used to entertain us for hours.

Yeah I just started collecting again back in September of last year. When I was last reading comics, I was aroun 12 or so, and only got comics as a Christmas gift for 1 year. My allowance was only $1 a week, so I couldn't really buy any on my own. Luckily for me, my brother also got the Christmas gift of a pull list from the comic store for 1 year. We both got 2 comics each. After about 5 months, he gave me his list as a birthday present (my birthday is in May). So I was then able to change his X-Men Adventures and X-Men 2099 pulls over to something better. I was pulling X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. With his new add, I was then getting Wolverine and Cable. Then dad was getting his own (because he wanted to read all the crossovers), he was getting X-Force, X-Factor, etc. Then that following Christmas, he offered me the same deal, with 4 comics at a time, or something different. I kept with the comics! I have 2 years worth from the 93-95 period.

Now that I'm older, and can buy my own, I was always eager to want to collect again. So in September last year, I found a local store and started. Now I'm addicted! I get X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, New Mutants, Generation Hope, Wolverine, Daken, and X-23. Plus, they're doing this 'Fear Itself' major title crossover, and I'm getting that, plus all the back stories in the other books. I'm SOOOO behind on reading now though. I've got them all in order, but I've got issues clear back from February to read!

We derail topics faster than Amtrak details train cars.

Ohhhhhh... Too soon? Lol!

I take no offense to this but, HAHAHAHA! That's brutal!

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now marked as Resolved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread