All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Other EMU's not showing in list after upgrade

ThumB

Hi guys,

I have not turned on my machine in a while (like 5 months) and upon doing so today, after the update, none of my other (nes, atari, etc) emu's are listed anymore. Daphne and MAME (and the new flash games are listed)

Do I have to run the setup wizard again? It took me a VERY long time to get all my emulators up and running on this cab. I'd hate to have to do this all over again.

Please let me know if theres something I can do to retrive my old settings!

I realize this might be a known issue, but I couldnt find anything doing a quick search.

thanks in advance

~ThumB

This could prove difficult at the moment.... But I'll try and get them up. I was just wondering if this was documented by anyone else.

Good afternoon - Can you provide copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files so we can take a look? Thanks!

OK after looking at the INI, yes, the update WIPED OUT my old INI and even the backup INI is, well, exactly the same as the proper one. This SUCKS! I have to set up over 15 emulators all over again! Not ONE of the other emulators are entered in the INI anymore. WTF? I can't be the ONLY one thats experienced this. I did NOTHING other then run the update. SHIT! SHIT SHIT!

I assume this happened (the backup ini) cause there were 2 or 3 updates in a row and I didnt check in between... :(

I know this aint your fault Draco....or IS IT :P

Ugh!

I've never heard of GameEx updates trashing the ini. I can maybe see it if you haven't updated in YEARS, but 5 months? Something else must have happened. As far as your emulators though, check to make sure they still work outside of GameEx. If they do, it's not that hard to add them back.

@ fRequEnCy

yah, only problem is there were sevral updates in a row and I didnt look to see if there were any problems. I've never had a problem with an update in the past. the backup ini is exactly the same as the gameex.ini. so theres no going back...sadly.

@ hansolo77

yah, i've never had a problem either. all the roms and emulators are still there and I assume they still work (its a bit hard to run them since this is in a cab and has no keyboard at the moment)

Oh well! I just hope the past few updates make setting them back up easy.

I've never heard of GameEx updates trashing the ini. I can maybe see it if you haven't updated in YEARS, but 5 months? Something else must have happened. As far as your emulators though, check to make sure they still work outside of GameEx. If they do, it's not that hard to add them back.

It is rare but it's been known to happen. As a fail-safe, Tom makes backups of the original settings but unfortunately this file was overwritten too many times to restore the settings. Always important to check your files before doing so many upgrades in a row. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I hope ThumB is able to restore somehow.

Hey. Just a quick question for ya:

GameEx sometimes installs to C:/GameEx and to C:/Program Files/GameEx ... did you check both of these locations?

Also you can get your "Last Played" tag from www.gameex.com. Just click Live in the nav bar and "Get A Gamertag" is the third or fourth option down.

:EDIT: Beat ya by a few seconds Han! LOL

For your 2nd issue, I can answer that.

You might need a registered version of GameEx, I'm not really sure since mine is alread. :)

You need to create a GameEx Live Tag from here: http://www.gameex.com/Community/GetaGametag.aspx

After that, you'll get an email with your information.

Go into your forum profile, and add the information you got in your email into your signature.

Piece of cake!

OK after looking at the INI, yes, the update WIPED OUT my old INI and even the backup INI is, well, exactly the same as the proper one. This SUCKS! I have to set up over 15 emulators all over again! Not ONE of the other emulators are entered in the INI anymore. WTF? I can't be the ONLY one thats experienced this. I did NOTHING other then run the update. SHIT! SHIT SHIT!

I assume this happened (the backup ini) cause there were 2 or 3 updates in a row and I didnt check in between... :(

I know this aint your fault Draco....or IS IT :P

Ugh!

LOL! Not me, my friend. I like helping others to fix problems that can be fixed.;)