All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Useful programs

Krakerman

Here are a few programs that I use with GameEx:

Flash Offliner play flash games offline!

Pinnacle Game Profiler is a keyboard keymapper, mouse emulator, game manager, and input device programmerâ??all rolled into one.

PGP is $20 but well worth it. I used Joy2Key and Xpadder for many years back in the day, but PGP is just an amazing program and it is loaded with features. Easy to use and configure. Very active forum with great support and many profiles and images for gamepads to d/l.

PGP? M'eh. Xpadder iz tha shiz and half the price! (Shameless sponsor plug!!)

That looks cool! Same as my Beautiful Widget for the droid! It's $2 on Droid Market but I got it free from Amazon App Store (a free paid droid app everyday! How can you go wrong?)

If we're talking about software used in conjunction with GameEx, I'm really in love with Boxee right now. It really does all the crap I can imagine minus having a Sirius app, and it looks great too!

The 2 programs I can't live without now is Media Browser and Media Center Master. These are for Windows Vista/7 Media Center. Basically, Media Browser lets you store all your videos (tv shows, movies) in a nice folder structure, then displays them in Media Center for easy browsing with pictures, wallpaper, actor and production staff databases, video details, etc. Media Center Master is the tool to grab all the information and pictures (meta-data). It's just too pretty to not have! Spend a few minutes looking at the screenshots of the program in action, and you'll want it too! (Yes, this is why I have a server B) )

Media Browswer: http://www.mediabrowser.tv/

Media Center Master: http://www.mediacentermaster.com/

@Adultery that's a matter of opinion. PGP does what it says, but I like the interface, features and works really really good. I tried the others but just didn't like them. That's just me my friend, but to say it's a "Shameless sponsor plug" is wrong. That would be like calling Tom and GameEx the same thing as there are other programs like Hyperspin that are fancy and look really cool and are free. So is GameEx, but if you want all the features you had to pay for it. It's up to the individuals to decide if it's right for them and worth the price point.

That's all I got to say about that :P

@Krake - I think he meant his preference for Xpadder could have the appearance of a shameless plug for the offering of one of our contest sponsors and was in jest, not referring to your preference for PGP.

@Draco I totally misunderstood what he was saying, but I get it now. Sorry Adultery my bad ;) I thought that would be very strange for him to bash on me for posting about PGP :P

I guess the older I get I'm getting too sensitive about things. I need to just chill and drink a cold one and buy Adultery one while I'm at it.:D

Cheers mate!

@Adultery I'm with you on the Boxee thing as it is really slick. I actually like it much better than my Roku 2 that I made a Boxee box out of another spare P4 computer I had laying around here. Also I added it to my GameEx and made a custom menu HTPC and put it under that with Draco's excellent logo he made for Boxee. Thanks Draco for that!

If you like to stream content to other devices thru the house then check out PlayOn. I use this all the time with Roku 2 (Had to get a beta patch from the PlayOn team to get it to work with the Roku 2), but it also works great on my iPhone/iPod/iPad/Wii/XBOX as well.

XBMC is really clean and one of my favorites for media. I decided to just stick to games and games only on my cab. And with that, It totally opened up well over 80 gigs in just videos alone and music (I had way too much music on there). If and when I build another system, it will run GameEx (duh) and XBMC for sure.

• 2 weeks later...