All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Windows 7 - Slim Install

vsilvalopes

Hi Folks !

In the meantime of my last theme creation, I've started the process of tweeking my HTPC.

In the past, I used a Slim version of Windows XP Professional that I've slimmed down using Nlite.

But few months ago, I've discovered that Windows XP doesn't handle Audio Output via HDMI very well.

Actually this is a nightmare to work.

Doing some tests with Windows 7 I've managed to discover that it manages sound and screen resolution perfectly.

So, the time to upgrade my rig system has come !

As usual, I don't like the standard installation. And I don't like to remove components one by one after installation.

So, reading Lifehacker, I've bumped into this great piece of software. RT Seven Lite ( http://www.rt7lite.com/ ).

It does the same as Nlite, Allow you to build your own Windows 7 install media.

Is possible to run post installs, Apply updates and give your own look to the system.

So last friday I've built my first sucessfull media! After LOTS of BSOD and components not Working, I've managed to do the first fully functional version.

So, if someone wants to try it, I'm providing my configuration file.

RT Seven Lite allows you to load the configuration file.

I used Windows 7 Professional x64 to build this one.

The language is English-US.

There is no Service Pack.

I'm looking foward to get an ISO image of Windows 7 already with Service Pack 1.

Altough the RT Seven allows me to slipstream the Service Pack, I didn't have any sucess doing it.

Before use my file, change the serial number inside.

The one in the file is exactly like this "productkey=aaaaa$bbbbb$cccccc$ddddd$eeeee"

So I hope it helps someone !

If you use it PLEASE provide some feedback!

Windows7-v1.zip

There are other things that may need to be changed in the .inf file as well, such as Time Zone, Keyboard and other language defaults before it is put to use. I would also caution that, unless you are really Windows savvy and can troubleshoot your install accordingly, you may want to stick with a standard installation. Support for GameEx on a heavily customized install is somewhat limited as we haven't often the time or ability to troubleshoot what you may have left out that was needed. We will do our best, of course, but sometimes the suggested remedy is to use a full installation.